PDA

View Full Version : Can't Connect with Core FTP

Lang5ton
3-19-05, 04:14 PM
My Core FTP will not connect to my site anymore. When I click connect I get "Resolving terra.powweb.com... / Connect socket #524 to 66.152.98.125, port 21... / Can't establish connection --> terra.powweb.com:21 @ Sat Mar 19 14:09:17 2005 (122-38)"

What does this mean? I've been getting this for over 2 weeks, but before that I was able to connect succcessfully. I can still upload via the webFTP, but I can't upload with Core FTP with the same UN and pass info.

(jj)
3-19-05, 04:22 PM
It sounds like something is blocking FTP on your PC.

Have you added or changed a firewall or other security program lately?

Lang5ton
3-20-05, 09:13 PM
Not that I know of. I am using Windows XP Professional with the firewall on. I have CoreFTP in the exceptions, and I haven't experienced any problems until just recently. I am, however, on my University's network. I know that programs "music swapping" programs are blocked, but it has never effected CoreFTP. Could this be a problem? Any suggestions on places I should check? I'd like a convenient way to upload; PowWeb's WebFTP is ok, but it just isn't cutting it. Thanks for the help.

Lang5ton
3-20-05, 09:39 PM
Dang, I also just noticed that I can't connect to MSN Messenger either. Even though it is also in the exceptions field on the Windows Firewall. What's going on here?

(jj)
3-20-05, 10:41 PM
I am, however, on my University's network.

This could be your problem. Many universities and companies block ftp usage and/or port 21. You might want to ask an IT person at the university if this is the case.