|Register now to interact with over 11,000 members! Registered users have Posting Privileges, free access to Private Messaging, Email Notifications and more.|
|Terms of Forum Use|
We welcome your participation in the PowWeb community forum! This is the largest and most successful user-helping-user forum in the web hosting industry. Not only can you find answers to common questions about PowWeb's services, but there is a wealth of technical knowledge and expertise available as well.
We strive to maintain a pleasant and helpful atmosphere in the community forum. We want this to be a place where both seasoned and brand new users can feel comfortable asking for advice, help or guidance. A number of moderators are present to assist you with any problems you may encounter. Moderators are PowWeb clients who volunteer their time to help keep the community safe and strong. Moderators adhere to and enforce a set of rules and guidelines established over many years of successful forum operation. Please respect their decisions if they should move, edit or remove your post.
We require that all users abide by the rules and policies detailed below. Registering to use the forum indicates that you agree to follow the forum rules and guidelines.
- Although the administrators and moderators of the PowWeb community forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible to review every message. All messages express the views of the author. The owners, administrators and moderators of the PowWeb community forums will not be held responsible for the content of any message.
- You warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, insulting, non-productive or in violation of any laws or forum rules or guidelines.
- The owners of the PowWeb community forums retain the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, and to suspend or ban any user at their discretion. Access to the community forums is not guaranteed to any user or hosting client. Additionally, Intentional disruption of these forums is a violation of PowWeb policy, and could lead to hosting account cancellation.
- Please check the "PowWeb Announcements" and "Outages / Service Problems" forums before posting a message regarding a service-related problem.
- Respect your fellow user's views and opinions. Personal attacks, disruptive, provocative or threatening posts will not be tolerated, and may lead to suspension or banning.
- Please limit yourself to posting under one username. Users found to be posting under multiple usernames may be denied access to the forums.
- Posting copyrighted works of any kind is forbidden. Brief excerpts or links to articles, stories, lyrics, images, etc. are allowed. Posting copyrighted material in its entirety is not. All such posts will be deleted or edited to excise the copyrighted material, whichever is deemed more expedient by PowWeb staff or moderators.
|Am I allowed to post chat or e-mail transcripts?|
|As transcripts, logs and e-mail communications with Powweb Support are confidential and intended solely for the intended recipient or account holder, no abstract, reproduction or publishing of these communications in the public forum areas is permitted. Where a specific code fragment or direction for resolution of a problem developed by PowWeb Technical Services for an account holder would be of general benefit to other users, that may be reproduced, provided that it does not expose anything of a proprietary or confidential nature.
Any member found to post transcripts of chat or e-mail on the forum will have their post removed, and be temporarily suspended from the forum.
|My post is showing up in Google! Would you please edit/delete it?|
|As a general rule, we do not delete or edit posts without real just cause (i.e. legal matters or similar). If your post has been indexed by Google or any other search engine, consider it free marketing and advertisement courtesy of your friends at the PowWeb Community Forum.|