Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YvetteKuhns

YvetteKuhns

YvetteKuhns
    Victim #2

Name: Yvette Kuhns aka "Corvette" aka "Yvette Barrette" aka Mark's mom
    Birthday: September 9, 1968
    Computer(s): two custom built desktops with AMD processors, Acer laptop (from college), and a few Pentiums for experimentation
    Favorite Design Tool: I use Notepad to create web pages and scripts and Adobe Photoshop to create or edit images most of the time.

What first brought you to PowWeb?

I don't remember. I think I did a search on Google to compare web hosts and chose PowWeb.

How long have you been a cusomter?

My website has been hosted here since 2001, but I didn't post on the forum until September 2003.

How much time, on average, do you say you spend at the PowWeb Forums per day?

Depends how much time I have.

What's your favorite aspect of the PowWeb forums?

I like to help people and forums allow many people to share ideas which can be read by more people who are interested in the same subject.

Do you visit any other forums?

Yes. I have visited forums for programming, computer techs, digital photography, car enthusiasts and more. But I spend most of my forum time at PowWeb.

When did you first begin doing web design?

I got my first computer (a Commodore Vic 20) when I was around 15 years old. I programmed in BASIC and DOS for fun at home and in high school. I went to college for computer programming, but didn't finish because I was in an auto accident.

I worked in a pharmacy, then co-owned Carpe Diem Productions videography and post-production with my sister. I met Don at a car show and still have the video of him driving his Mustang to a car cruise only a few miles from home.

Don and I married, I had a miscarriage, we added onto the house, I got pregnant and CVS took over Revco pharmacy. CVS took away medical benefits to start, then things got worse. So, I watched other kids while home with Mark.

One woman had three school age children and another woman had a preschool girl and two school age boys. So I had 5 boys and 2 girls including Mark and two were learning potty training! I only got $5 an hour from each woman, so $10 an hour for a half dozen kids who ate my food just wasn't working.

This prompted me to go back to college. I went to Allentown Business School at night after Don came home from work. Mark was still doing potty training during the day and probably slept for Don while I was at school. I got all A's, but getting used to Windows was strange at first.

You seem pretty fluent with perl and especially FormMail. When did you learn it?

I learned Perl by downloading and installing FormMail, then other Perl programs. One person made a shopping cart that did not calculate tax, shipping or other things correctly. I completed his shopping cart and he tried to sell it for alot of money, but he got in trouble. Someone reported him for selling "free" scripts so he no longer offers this program. I still distribute it for free! But I would like to update it.

What is your dream job?

Hmm. I love home improvements, restoring cars and web design. But if I could pick one, I would pick interior design! Unfortunately, I cannot travel with a son in kindergarten.

Outside of web design and computers, what are your other hobbies?

My hobbies include fixing cars (I sold my 72 Nova, but I am currently working on a 68 Caddy), fixing my home, going to Home Depot, auto salvage yards and yard sales, playing with Legos with my son, taking photos of landscapes, animals and family, and turning the sound down on the TV to make up my own dialog!

I enjoy watching Junkyard Wars, Monster Garage, Monster House, Designer Guys, and Cold Case Files. There are other shows on the Discovery Channel, the History Channel or others that are educational. But I don't watch much TV.

If there was one thing you could do tomorrow with no reprocutions, what would it be?

Only one? Gee, I would like to throw a pie in Bill Gates' face, but even more, I would like to do that to George Bush! Hmmm. I could graffiti the new school. Ask me when I am in a bad mood.

What would be your one piece of advice for web design beginners?

Search Google or whatever search engine you like and download free scripts to learn new languages. Do not be afraid to learn new things.

You say in your profile that you have a twin. What's that like?

I am two minutes older than Yvonne. A teacher in 8th grade noticed that I always fixed my hair nice and wore barrettes. So, she dubbed me Yvette Barrette. (In college, I was nicknamed Corvette.) We pulled pranks on people alot. In 6th grade, she wore a shirt that said, "I'm Yvette" and I wore a shirt that said, "I'm Yvonne" and no one knew we switched places.

When I dated Don, he would call before a cruise and ask what I was going to wear. We would both arrive wearing black pants and a red shirt so we would match. That way people knew that Don was mine and not Yvonne's! We now have matching Garfield t-shirts, Star Wars t-shirts and car shirts. It makes my sister crazy!

Anything Else?

I am usually working on clients' websites, helping my son with his homework, training interns or doing household chores. Many PowWeb customers have emailed me for additional help and I try to help everyone I can. I have many skills but I post more often in Perl or Web Critique where I am needed most.

I would like to thank JJ, Tom, Alphadesk and all the others who helped me or was kind to me. And I still love JJ and I didn't dump him for Skunkboy! We just had to fix code from 10 PM to 5:30 AM on a Saturday night! We really did!

Thumbs up

Muuuuuaaaaaaaaaah, Beautiful...."Corvette" is indeed a great addition to the PW family....

I like that nick,..."Corvette"
    Imagination is reality...

I'm so smoov,I move to my own theme music.

If this were chat:

/me runs and hides behind a large rock befor JJ has a chance to get to him.

Very well done. I don't see too many errr any lies in there that I know of and I can vouch that she's good with her family.

But there's one questions you forgot to ask...
    Would you be a forum moderator?
    and
    Have you been on any field trips lately?
    and
    What's your excuse for the visits to school?

*watch, she'll blame it on Mark having a good memory*
    you know I just had to have a little fun before I run

Would you be a forum moderator?
    I don't have much restraint and don't like to edit comments, especially my own! I say what I think and the moderators have to edit ME.

Have you been on any field trips lately?
    I just bought a brand new Asus motherboard with so many features including software to record and send video by email. Someone a few miles from me is moving to Florida and sold me the motherboard that was never used for $20! It was better than the one for $70 I almost bought from Tiger Direct.

Another great yard sale find was a brand new Radeon 128 MB advanced graphics video card. Someone bought it, but it was not the right one for their computer. It was never used, but they cut the UPC off the box for a rebate, so they could not return the product to the store.

Much of my furniture are from moving sales and yard sales. I also got free antiques for helping someone clean out his grandmother's barn. So I was stripping paint from metal and wooden furniture yesterday.

What's your excuse for the visits to school?
    My son's first year of school (kindergarten) has been crazy with a teachers' strike and bad weather having school closed, different bus drivers and buses all the time, construction at the school which had the water off one day and a strange chemical leak another day. Mark's teacher is expecting a baby in August. Just alot of stuff happening.

Mark is an only child and there are no children in the general area where we live. Mark is used to playing with older people and the animals on our farm. He does not behave like the other children in our rich, snobby community. One time, two kids told the teacher that Mark threw blocks. Mark told the principal that he didn't. He was playing "dynamite" and the "building" blew up!

He also uses colorful language learned by my father while fishing or riding in the van with him. Seeing Mark pretend to drive is proof that he is imitating my father. And the school asked me to set up play dates with other children Mark's age. But Mark learned some interesting songs on the bus about Batman and Scooby Doo and I know he didn't learn that from us.

Mark is like a parrot. He repeats EVERYTHING he hears and if he likes the reaction he gets from you, he will do it again. So, Mark has not been on the Internet for a while. After he stood on the bus while it was still moving, I took away the laptop for a week. He cried all week, but he never stood on the bus again!

Yes, we have to visit the school again. There are only a few weeks of school. Mark is smart, but naughty. He is just a boy. What do they expect?
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design
    Customized Internet Advertising Solutions

I love home improvements, restoring cars and web design.
    Ahhh...my idea of a woman...

I enjoy watching Junkyard Wars, Monster Garage, Monster House, Designer Guys, and Cold Case Files. There are other shows on the Discovery Channel, the History Channel or others that are educational
    Ahhh...my idea of the perfect woman

Gotta love the woman that does it all and keeps her priorities straight...congrats and good luck

Thanks.

I was asked about pictures, but I don't have too many of myself since I am the one who is usually taking pictures.

http://www.powerpageswebdesign.com/YvetteDonald1996.jpg
    This photo was taken at our wedding reception.

http://www.powerpageswebdesign.com/Y...onneYamaha.jpg
    This photo shows my sister "driving" and me in back of our dad's Yamaha. I think we were 5 years old, because it was taken before we moved from Allentown to Wescosville.

This will blow your image of me as the perfect woman!
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design

I was waiting for an admin to give me some space to store the images - as to not waste my or your bandwidth!

Tom, I doubt that it will waste too much bandwidth to be on my server. But if you want to include it elsewhere, that is fine. If JJ sends you the infamous Halloween photo, don't post it here!
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design

Quote Originally Posted by YvetteKuhns
    If JJ sends you the infamous Halloween photo, don't post it here!
    No promises...

In that case, I am wearing the low cut top black dress and my husband has a high black top and black skirt. We were trick-or-treating with our son Mark who was dressed like a knight. My parents' neighbors thought that Don was my sister!

I am glad I didn't send anyone the GLOW wrestler picture from another Halloween. I wore it at work and the customers at the pharmacy thought I was a Playboy bunny! The glitter in my hair wouldn't wash out entirely and got in my bed. And the glitter makeup bothered my eyes. But I did look interesting while unloading a truck!
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design

Wait, wait, wait...

You can't talk about this stuff and not post it

I see you love the vintage "muscle" cars. Have you ever owned one of your name sakes "Corvette"?

And I still love JJ and I didn't dump him for Skunkboy!
    JJ gets all the girls ... must be the old world charm
    Thanks,
    AlphaDesk

Those who can read and don't are no better off than those who can't. - Sam Clemens

Quote Originally Posted by alphadesk
    JJ gets all the girls
    So that explains where the previous powweb.com woman went...

Ahhh corvettes are nice but stangs are better......... nice to read all about your finally...

you know, i was in your neck of the woods just a few weeks ago on my way to NY to visit a very close friend of mine.....

Hmm.. very interesting Yvette.. what does "Carpe Diem" mean?.
    Croc Hunter MSC :

what does "Carpe Diem" mean?
    As learned in history class, carpe diem is Latin for "sieze the day" and seemed appropriate for filming events.

Have you ever owned one of your name sakes "Corvette"?
    I almost bought one in Carlisle, PA, but the insurance would be too much. It is now too impractical in comparison with the GMC van aka the Home Depot vehicle since we haul drywall and yard sale furniture finds in it!

Don misses the 67 Mustang, but I miss the 72 Nova more. I like the big bench seat for cuddling.
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design

Yvette,

You may be #2 in the spotlight, but you'll always be #1 to me

As I told you when you first came to this forum, your help and information to the users here is greatly appreciated. I know there are many users here at Powweb that would still be frustrated if not for your help.

I've seen you (through the forums) take someone by the hand and walk them through their troubles step by baby step. It takes a special person to do that and I'd like to say "Thank You" for all those times when you've taken the time to help those who needed it.

Tis great to have you here and even greater that you have been recognized for all that you have given.
    If silence is golden, then I must be worth million$

(jj)
    Jack
    (jj)'s Playground

Thanks, JJ! It is nice to be appreciated. I just attended a wedding and someone took a picture of me. I was videotaping, so it wasn't easy to get a picture of me. That is why I didn't post this weekend. I missed you!

Mark kissed all the girls and danced with the pretty ones! And next weekend is another graduation, so we will be partying again. I wonder how Tom is doing! Well, back to work. Talk to ya later!
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design

OAC Records
    so are we going to see the halloween pic or not?

Okay, I just found the Halloween pic and uploaded it to my server. I am the one on the left and my husband is on the right.
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design

Ahhhh...there goes your (and your husband's) chances at politics.

Bwah.hah.hah.hah.hah

Hey, Space Ghost. You wear tights EVERY day!
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design

Hey, Space Ghost. You wear tights EVERY day!
    Dooh...SpaceGhost makes his living in tights...I am a hero...tights are a pre-requisite.

OAC Records

Talking

Yvette whos that chick standing next to you is she available lol

SpaceGhost makes his living in tights...I am a hero...tights are a pre-requisite.
    I'm a mom, boobs are a prerequisite!

Yvette whos that chick standing next to you is she available lol
    My husband Donald becomes Donna on occasions. No, he doesn't dress up like this to turn ME on! And he is not interested in guys. But you can look.

Too bad I didn't have a full view pic of both of us in the black silk stockings. Don started wearing his earrings again. My mom hasn't seen them yet. She is going to freak out. Halloween was strange enough, but Don doesn't mind dressing up more than once a year. He is usually shy, but likes the thrill.
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design

Yvette sure has helped me! Like JJ says - "you'll always be #1 to me".

Thanks Yvette!

Mike

Cool Happy Birthday Yvette!

knowing she wouldn't see anything in ChitChat

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YVETTE!!!!!!!!

From all of us here at Powweb.

I would've personalized it more but Powweb discriminates against us black and white creatures; I could do black but they don't like white text

It is my twin sister Yvonne's birthday, too! So, cue up the old Beatles song....

Da da, da da, da da, da dum...

They say it's your birthday. It's my birthday, too, yeah. They say it's your birthday. We're gonna have a good time. They say it's your birthday. Happy birthday to you!

Feel free to email Yvonne who has a website hosted on PowWeb www.rearman.com (automotive rear end service)
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design

Feel free to email Yvonne who has a website hosted on PowWeb www.rearman.com (automotive rear end service)
    Its a good thing you put a little description after that website. She could probably make alot of money selling that domain name

But hey...Happy Birthday

I am sure you can imagine the kind of email she gets!

Thanks for the birthday wish!
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Hope that you have a wonderful b-day

(jj)
    Jack
    (jj)'s Playground

Thanks, JJ. I am catching up to you!
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design

Thanks, JJ. I am catching up to you!
    You'll have to run a lot faster or figure out how I can slow down

(jj)
    Jack
    (jj)'s Playground

Yeah and I'm catching up to the both of you! Oh, wait...

Happy birthday Yvette.

My sister is catching up to me. She is only two minutes younger than I am.
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design