Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: YvetteKuhns

I think I will stop now and let everyone else catch up to me! Especially Skunkboy!

Thanks for the happy birthday wish! I am currently working next to my fabulous PHP programmer Nick whose birthday is next month. He will be 21 and I should get him something appropriate. Any suggestions?
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design
    Customized Internet Advertising Solutions

hmmm, I didn't get reply notification of activity on this thread ... hmmm.

Skunks can spray up to 4-7m (13-23 ft) in a favorable wind-although they are usually only accurate for up to about 2m (6.5ft). That's the only way I'm thinking I'll be able to catch up. A skunk's top speed clocks in at about 6mph so I think it'll be a while before I catch up that way.

on hiatus
    Quote Originally Posted by Skunkboy
    Skunks can spray up to 4-7m (13-23 ft) in a favorable wind-although they are usually only accurate for up to about 2m (6.5ft).
    They seem to be incredibly accurate when they hit my dog every couple of months...

One of my husband's nicknames is Pepe after the cartoon skunk. He likes to poop in public bathrooms just to share the smell with others!

One time we were shopping for groceries and by the time we got to the last aisle, I told Don that I was going to complain to the manager about the sewer backing up. Then Don said he had to go to the bathroom. While I waited with Mark (then a baby), people were gagging and running out of the bathroom. Finally, Don waltzes out with a big grin on his face. He was so proud!

Another time Don took me to college when I was in a wheelchair and unable to drive myself to school. He needed to go to the bathroom and I was talking to someone. He ran into the bathroom and I went to class. Only later did Don tell me what he did. He ate watermelon which was oh so juicy and he exploded in the bathroom. He described every graphic detail of the bathroom as he splattered the walls and had to wipe the seat.

The next day I go to class, two guys from my class describe the horror of going to the bathroom and looking into "the stall". I couldn't stop laughing as they told the story over and over to each person. Then one of them guessed that it was Don. I said, "Didn't you know he was in the graphic FARTS program?" and continued to laugh.

Yet another time, Don had to go poo while driving to work. He pulled over and went by the side of the road. His brother was driving by and saw Don's van (with my business sign on it) so he stopped and asked Don if he needed help. Don said, "Can't a guy s**t in peace?".

There are more stories to earn Don the nickname Pepe, but the original reason was because he chased me like Pepe chased the cat in the cartoon. He used to hop on his tippy toes across the parking lot to the pharmacy where I worked. He was so cute and silly!
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design

I was taking pictures of the new calves, the other cows and pigs when.... the biggest steer "Harvey" charged me, pinned me to a corner and gored me. His horn went through my pants, underwear and my skin below the bikini line. I wasn't planning on having anymore children, anyway. So if you don't hear from me, I may be taking a break. I am in PAIN!

So be careful around farm animals, they are food and not pets.
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design

hmm www.rearman.com doesn't exist anymore

hmm www.rearman.com doesn't exist anymore
    My sister's boyfriend died in a car accident before Valentine's Day. Art Houser's Rear End Service is no longer. But Yvonne still has HER website hosted here at www.autoresourcetoolkit.com and still posts the local event list. We will be at the Blue Mountain Classics Chevy Club show in Macungie tomorrow. If you are looking for car parts or to be listed in her database, contact her. She knows how to find anything.

Yvonne was not allowed to use the rearman domain name, because Art's daughter and husband were being weird about handling the business. She could have helped them liquidate the inventory, but the family didn't want to deal with Art's car buddies.
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design

Hi Yvette

You said you make websites with Notepad. I find that strangely odd, because building a site with Notepad is pain in the ).)

Why do you use Notepad to (manually) build websites? It's so much easier to use MS Frontpage 2003.

I'm a big fan of Notepad as well. If you do a View | Source | on any of my pages, you'll see a clean-cut, uniform flow to the code. My text properties are done with CSS as are many other repeating properties among my pages. If you view the source of a FrontPage site, you'll see text properties repeated SO often... I took a page I did in FP and shrunk it to less than a quarter of its original size just by cutting text properties that it had repeated in my page. DreamWeaver is a little cleaner but it's goofy too. The best way to ensure that your pages aren't bloated with worthless code.... code it yourself and don't put the extra filler in there to begin with.

hehe, and there's proof once again that I'm at least alive....Yvette is always pickin' on me for not communicating much anymore.

Everywhere! Currently Mallorca, Balearic Islands

Ho ho ho!

Quote Originally Posted by dantol
    Hi Yvette...Why do you use Notepad to (manually) build websites? It's so much easier to use MS Frontpage 2003.
    Is he trying to wind you up?! This Spotlight thing is incredible... I know more about you than I do about myself! I admit I had already put your name in google and read all kinds of interesting stuff (about plumbing and this and that as well as your skills as a webmaster), and enjoyed some quality time in a virtual lavatory for the first time in my life... I just wish I could remember where it was - I'm busting to go again!
    The pen is mightier than the sword. Except when the other guy has the sword
    LinnetWoods.com

Why do you use Notepad to (manually) build websites? It's so much easier to use MS Frontpage 2003.
    I was a programmer long before I ever got on the Internet. I typed programs in BASIC on a computer running DOS operating system. That was before Windows. And the Commodore computers had Workbench which is somewhat like Windows. I wrote programs in FORTRAN or Pascal that had to be compiled. We didn't have drag-and-drop and I am just used to typing code.

But now I don't have to type. I can copy and paste code, then change it if I need to do so. I like to use CSS. I do not like the messy code of WYSIWYG editors. The old Dreamweaver used many lines of code just to tile a background image. I have seen the code generated by those programs and it takes more time to clean it out. Like removing spam from my email account.

Other problems with WYSIWYG editors is that I am usually using php or other programming and not just a static html page. Editing scripts in editors is bad. They add characters to the code that corrupt scripts. I personally have no need to use such programs, though I can see why newbies want to drag-and-drop for an instant web page.
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design

Thats it! You've convinced me, Yvette! I've even changed my name in recognition of my immaturity as a webbungler... Nonetheless, there's slightly more to FrontPage than drag and drop, ya know, although I will readily concede that the html needs some springcleaning thereafter... finding the time and energy to do it would be a fine thing...

Do you offer html cleaning services, Yvette? If so, what d'ya charge? If I win the lottery, you'll definitely be the one I call!
    LinnetWoods.com

There is a great find and replace program called TextWiz from Harmony Hollow. If you spell a word incorrectly throughout your website, you can search for it and replace it with the correctly spelled word. You can also replace code to update your copyright info and more.

If you still have the old center tags in your code which are depreciated (no longer valid), then you can search for <center> and replace with <div align="center"> and remember to search for </center> and replace with </div>.

There are text editors such as Crimson Editor that highlight the code in different colors. Another editor is PSPad which is safe for editing php code. One of my main concerns with Front Page is the code they generate that ONLY works for Microsoft browsers. Any of those applets and image maps created in Front Page need those stupid extensions or they won't work. And they still may not work for other browsers, even updates of IE!
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design

Front Page includes the search and replace facility you describe... you can also choose the colours you want your code to appear in... I will certainly have a go at looking for old <center> tags and replacing them but, with as many pages as I have, this may take some time...
    LinnetWoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by linnetwoods
    I admit I had already put your name in google and read all kinds of interesting stuff (about plumbing and this and that as well as your skills as a webmaster), and enjoyed some quality time in a virtual lavatory for the first time in my life... I just wish I could remember where it was - I'm busting to go again!
    I have no idea what you are talking dude. I don't think you know my name (I never told you), and even if you knew, it would not come up in search engines with anything related to plumbing. By profession, I am an accountant.

Slight misunderstanding...

Quote Originally Posted by dantol
    I have no idea what you are talking dude. I don't think you know my name (I never told you), and even if you knew, it would not come up in search engines with anything related to plumbing. By profession, I am an accountant.
    I was addressing those remarks to Yvette... seeing as how this is her Spotlight, it never occurred to me anyone might think otherwise! Sorry for causing confusion, I should have mentioned her name in the remark...

BTW - I thought dudes were men...?
    P.S. Whatever it is you were on when you posted that, where can I get some?
    LinnetWoods.com

linnetwoods, perhaps dantol assumed you meant him since he posted just before you did. And he may think you are a dude, because of your profile. You said you are a first mate. There are so many gender assumptions.

Yes, if you type "Yvette Kuhns" in Google, you can read alot of funny info about me. I removed alot from my website, but I may include some personal info again. I was thinking of saving it for my autobiography if/when I become famous.

The way I met my husband and the months leading up to our wedding were funny. The farm stories are funny, too. The steer attacks were funny. One time I was attacked from behind, and my butt was on the head of our biggest steer. Luckily, my butt was between his horns. The second time was not so funny. He gored me, but I am still here and he has made quite a few good meals.
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design

Revenge is a dish best eaten...

...cold. Or hot. Who cares so long is it can be eaten?
    LinnetWoods.com