Thread: IMAP connection

IMAP connection

I've had a few problems in the past, but recently it seems to be happening with a lot more frequency that when checking webmail, I get "ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server."

Is there a different issue, are others having the same difficulty?

Registered
    All I can saw is that my Powweb mail has become so consistently inconsistent. I have problems getting in or staying in multiple times everyday. I understand there will be issues from time to time, but this is unacceptabel. I am tired of not being able to check my mail. If things dont improve soon I will look elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by baudler
    All I can saw is that my Powweb mail has become so consistently inconsistent. I have problems getting in or staying in multiple times everyday. I understand there will be issues from time to time, but this is unacceptabel. I am tired of not being able to check my mail. If things dont improve soon I will look elsewhere.
    Is it your IMAP connection, webmail or some other client failing to connect (or a combination of all of them) that is the problem? What error messages are you getting? Which mail server are you on?
    This is a Powweb customer
    helping Powweb customer forum.

I am a customer just like you!!

Some matters can only be answered by staff or support.
    Give it a go - ask here first!

Had them myself now for ages in Powweb's Squirrel Mail and my own installation - 3 support tickets later - no fix applied by Powweb, there is a long thread on this forum somewhere about it - still no joy

I now have the joy that EVERY day after 5pm GMT here in London nobody using Powweb (including all the sites I mistakenly referred) can use webmail - it says our user name or passwords are incorrect. Every day it happens, again 3 support tickets later and they say "admins" are working to fix the problem - over a month has passed - nothing is fixed....this is quite normal for webmail hosted at Powweb it seems.

jaderune

Angry bad bad email problems

Same problems here in US, getting worse not better. My site is mostly about answering emails. Luckily I am still in the 30 eval period and may move if not fixed soon. People say no answers to trouble tickets, hope I get an answer or I will hang up on them.

jaderune

Divinity aka Queen Pita

Normally it wouldn't bother me, I mean every email system has a few quirks and occasionally goes down for a few moments or something...

BUT, this IMAP crap is getting to me because it's not just on occasion, but literally every time I try to access email when the server connection is dropped.... like today, it took multiple tries to send an email, and now I can't get logged back in at all!
    Last edited by gnostique; 8-16-05 at 02:31 PM.

Same problems here in the US. Usually after about noon Central time it's impossible to use the webmail. POP is fine any time of the day though.

jaderune

Angry IMAP errors, email unusable

The IMAP dropped errors make the webmail almost unusable most of the time and it seems to be a long term, on going problem. Why cant they fix it????

Enter a support ticket and at least mention the mail server that you are using in this case.
    Regards - Richard

I am now on my fourth support ticket, but I am now giving up - it doesn't work, I don't expect it to after over 6 weeks of tickets and random boilerplate template responses from support, the Admins are aware of this thread and all the others as I added all the relevant ones to my tickets. I know they are probably working on it, but I switch to free mail after 5pm each day now for email.