Thread: emails from Gmail accounts not being received

Question emails from Gmail accounts not being received

Some but not all emails sent to me from people using gmail accounts are not getting through? Anybody know of a fix? I would rather not turn off my greylisting and be deluged with spam. Thanks

PowWeb Staff
    Are they getting stuck in the greylisting layer? Could you just whitelist their email addresses? Or whitelist all email from @gmail.com from the gmail IP range? Or just whitelist all email from @gmail (if you don't get spam from @gmail.com)

I"ve never had this problem (I use gmail pretty regularly), but I think that either of the above would work.

Some but not all emails sent to me from people using gmail accounts are not getting through?
    I had a problem with my gmail account taking 30 mins to 24 hour delays on receiving e-mail from anywhere. It wasn't effecting everyone at the time, I checked around with people I knew with gmail and only a select few had the problem. This of course made me give up gmail for receiving email. Now I just have it all sent to thunderbird on my comp now. This was actually a few weeks ago, it may or may not be the problem for those people, but it is possible.
    Confusion is bliss

Did I mention my brain hurts?

phpCheckZ - The RSWR Network - UPC Food Search - The Organic Food Database

Quote Originally Posted by rtoohil View Post
    Are they getting stuck in the greylisting layer? Could you just whitelist their email addresses? Or whitelist all email from @gmail.com from the gmail IP range? Or just whitelist all email from @gmail (if you don't get spam from @gmail.com)

I"ve never had this problem (I use gmail pretty regularly), but I think that either of the above would work.

I checked the grelisting activity and some of these emails were retried so I don't see why I didn't receive them. I've turned off grelylisting and still haven't received the emails. The emails were sent from a friend's account as well as my own gmail accoung. There is no bounceback message either.

Registered

Same problem here.

I'm seeing the same situation. Gmail emails get greylisted, the server retries, but I still don't get the messages. I've since whitelisted the email addresses, but how do I get the ones that have already been sent and greylisted?

Quote Originally Posted by ianderso View Post
    I'm seeing the same situation. Gmail emails get greylisted, the server retries, but I still don't get the messages. I've since whitelisted the email addresses, but how do I get the ones that have already been sent and greylisted?
    If there is no second (or third) retry then the e-mails haven't made it onto the Powweb servers so you need to request a resend from the original senders. Greylisted e-mails don't make it onto the servers - only the details of the sender is stored.
    This is a Powweb customer
    helping Powweb customer forum.

I am a customer just like you!!

Some matters can only be answered by staff or support.
    Give it a go - ask here first!

I have found that gmail uses clusters so the IP address of the mail server might change the 2nd time its sent. Grey listing reacts to this like its a new email.