Thread: MediaWiki File Upload Issue

Registered

MediaWiki File Upload Issue

I am having trouble enabling file uploads in MediaWiki. I turned them on in LocalSettings.php ($wgEnableUploads = true; ). But I still get the message: “File uploads are disabled on this wiki.”

It’s MediaWiki 1.6.5 (Powweb’s standard install). PHP 5.1.5. Permissions are set on the image directory. No other instances of $wgEnableUploads in the file. I’m stumped!

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Mark

Registered
    No longer stumped. There are duplicate copies of LocalSettings.php in the standard install.

Any recommendations on resources/sites for a MediaWiki beginner would be certainly be welcomed though.

The site is TributeToTroy.com/wiki

Thanks,
    Mark

A quick Google of 'MediaWiki beginner' yields this link, http://thinkhole.org/gallery/v/slides/mediawiki/, which I haven't followed, but it might be something..
    -bruce /* somdcomputerguy */
    'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'

Registered
    Hi all,

I too am getting the same issue and I certainly haven't told the wiki to not allow uploads. I only have one localsettings.php file too. I *have* added code to not allow unapproved accounts to edit and that does stop certain users from not uploading, but not Sysops for example (tested by removing the restraint altogether and I still have the prob). I can't find where elese might be causing the problem. Any ideas?

B

Registered
    Sorted it now. For some reason the line "$wgEnableUploads = true; # Enable uploads" had been removed from my LocalSettings.php... D'Oh!

B