Thread: Is it possible to add wiki to only the subdomain?

Is it possible to add wiki to only the subdomain?

I am working on a website whose content needs to show as a regular web page. I am thinking off adding a subdomain that can be "wikied." Can this be done. Example: www.ors-llc.com is your regular site, can you apply the wiki program to a subdomain that is say titled www.wikilink.ors-llc.com?

Thank you

Best Regards,
    JWebdesigner

I believe so, if I understand your question correctly. the www on the subdomain is not needed - wikilink.ors-llc.com would work; you can use the subdomain mapping tool available in OPS, and use the instant installer to install a wiki in the new subdomain. if you do use the instant installer, make sure you download and install any updates!

Yes, tpoynton, thank you, that does answer my question. I'll look into that more thoroughly now that I know it can be done. Thank you!

Best Regards,
    JWebdesigner

Actually come to think of it, what do you mean "making sure to install any updates?" Is instant installer prone to errors where a "non" instant installer is the more stable way to go? Can you please elaborate?

Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Jwebdesigner

the instant installer may not be the most updated version; if you are able, you would be well-served to manually install. go to the wiki website you are going to use, and compare that to the version in the instant installer. Reason being that updates usually fix exploits, so if you are running a CMS of some sort that is not updated, there is a good chance your site will be compromised, which can affect more than just your website in a shared hosting environment.

Mmmm... I see what you mean. Thank you, for the recommendation. I'll be sure to do that.