Thread: Gallery2, POST Content-length exceeds limit

Registered

Gallery2, POST Content-length exceeds limit

About a month ago my wife started complaining that we could no longer upload pictures to our Gallery2 installation. I also tried and was unsuccessful. However, I was very busy at the time, and I did not pursue the probelm. Previously, we had no problems uploading photos from our 5 megapixel camera. We have come back from a family trip, and we want to post pictures again, so I have looked into the problem (since it still exists). I get the following error message in my CGI Error Logs:
    Code:
    PHP Warning: POST Content-Length of 12016955 bytes exceeds the limit of 11534336 bytes in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning: mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Can't create a new thread (errno 11); if you are not out of memory, you can consult the manual for a possible...
    Ah-ha! I tried uploading a smaller test image (240kb) and I was successful. However, all my trip photos (1.7-2mb) fail. Therefore, something in the recent past must have changed the upload limits! There is a Gallery2 FAQ (here) that lists suggestions on how to fix the problem, but those ideas apparently do not work with powweb. The .htaccess tip give Internal Server Errors. The php.ini tip just stalls.

I went into my global php settings(Main->"CGI and Scripted Language Support" -> PHP scripting"), and I found that post_max_size = 11M and upload_max_filesize = 10M, so that should be fine.

Any ideas on how I can upload large photos again?

The first line of the error tells it. 12Mb exceeds the limit of 11Mb (rounded of course). Maybe increasing the global settings would help, or reducing the size of the images. Do you really need to upload a 12MB photo? Are you sure your images are 1.7 - 2Mb in size?
    This is a Powweb customer
    helping Powweb customer forum.

I am a customer just like you!!

Some matters can only be answered by staff or support.
    Give it a go - ask here first!

Registered
    Okay, so you got me there. That message must have been from when my wife was trying to upload multiple photos, causing the 12Mb problem.

However, when I try to upload a single 2mb file (Add Items), I get a very long delay followed by a "The document contains no data" dialog using Firefox on a PC. Using Safari on my Mac, the Gallery2 Add Items page just keeps the spinner going. I just tested different sized images. A 440kb file uploads fine, while a 535kb file fails. There are no error messages generated in the cgi error logs (yes, I did a refresh to make sure).

Are there any other error log locations?

Registered
    Bump-a-dee-bump-bump.

atleast yours works. Mine died yesterday

I don't know where to start..

Error (ERROR_STORAGE_FAILURE)

* in modules/core/classes/GalleryStorage.class at line 476 (gallerycoreapi::error)
    * in modules/core/classes/GalleryDataCache.class at line 671 (mysqlstorage::search)
    * in main.php at line 325 (gallerydatacache::getpagedata)
    * in main.php at line 87
    * in main.php at line 80
    WhiteKnuckleMotorsports.net

A 440kb file uploads fine, while a 535kb file fails. There are no error messages generated in the cgi error logs (yes, I did a refresh to make sure).
    I thought maybe the php script timed out before the upload could be done. You did not see a cgi error, but you may see errors reported in your web stats.

I get a very long delay followed by a "The document contains no data" dialog using Firefox on a PC. Using Safari on my Mac, the Gallery2 Add Items page just keeps the spinner going. I just tested different sized images.
    See Gallery post document contains no data.

Don't get annoyed about this next comment: Did you check your firewall? Sometimes if you update Windows or install software, your settings get changed. Your firewall can interfere with uploads.

Brandon, I posted in another thread about your issue.
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design
    Customized Internet Advertising Solutions

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandonMiller View Post
    atleast yours works. Mine died yesterday
    Oddly, my installation recently died too. When I go to my gallery2 website, I just get a "Safari could not open the page “http://www.0ctane.net/gallery2/main.php” because the server stopped responding." message.

Quote Originally Posted by YvetteKuhns View Post
    Don't get annoyed about this next comment: Did you check your firewall? Sometimes if you update Windows or install software, your settings get changed. Your firewall can interfere with uploads.
    Annoyed? ANNOYED?!? At least someone is responding, so I am happy (although my wife is annoyed that she cannot upload pictures) No, and if a firewall was the problem, the issue would not have existed on my Mac too. Part of the problem might have been a flake cable modem that was dropping large packets. I just got it replaced today. However, I cannot test out this theory since I can no longer access my gallery website at all. The rest of my website still works just fine. And I did not mess with any settings in the last two weeks. Did something globally happen with gallery2 installations or maybe SQL?

My wife was able (after multiple attempts and "server not responding" pages) to login to my gallery. Looks like some other people are having issues too: http://forums.powweb.com/showthread.php?t=76810

Registered
    Well, it seems like a combination of a flakey cable modem and errors in my MySQL database created a bit of a perfect storm. After replacing the modem, and then fixing and optimizing my database (http://forums.powweb.com/showthread.php?t=76604) everything seems to be fine.

glad yours is fixed, my turn

http://whiteknucklemotorsports.net/gallery2/main.php

I did the fix and optimize and no luck there..

0ctane, I am glad your gallery appears to be working. I hope it continues to do so.

Brandon, I saw an error while trying to visit your gallery. Then I tried visiting your Joomla site. I saw the motorcycles and noticed that your links on the left disappear (match the background).

I tried to refresh in case your CSS didn't load and then got "The connection was reset" error page. I refreshed again and I could see the site and the button backgrounds for your links.

It appears that the server is being flaky, but also, there is a problem with your gallery. Your SMF forum loaded quickly. "Page created in 0.385 seconds with 15 queries." Check your gallery database tables for missing data and check your scripts for anything that needs changing or updating.

Did you update the mysql server name for the gallery (yet)? Sorry if I repeat questions. Many people have similar problems or post in multiple threads.
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design

Quote Originally Posted by YvetteKuhns View Post
    0ctane, I am glad your gallery appears to be working. I hope it continues to do so.

Brandon, I saw an error while trying to visit your gallery. Then I tried visiting your Joomla site. I saw the motorcycles and noticed that your links on the left disappear (match the background).

I tried to refresh in case your CSS didn't load and then got "The connection was reset" error page. I refreshed again and I could see the site and the button backgrounds for your links.

It appears that the server is being flaky, but also, there is a problem with your gallery. Your SMF forum loaded quickly. "Page created in 0.385 seconds with 15 queries." Check your gallery database tables for missing data and check your scripts for anything that needs changing or updating.

Did you update the mysql server name for the gallery (yet)? Sorry if I repeat questions. Many people have similar problems or post in multiple threads.
    Not too long ago I had issues and I was not able to resolve them (the time of the server change or upgrade) so I created a new database and imported tables. I don't even recall how I did it but it is a fairly new database - guess I gotta do that again but importing corrupt data probably won't do much.

BTW my site has been painfully slow for quite some time. I have redone EVERYTHING and it is still slow and times out a lot. As a result I have pretty much lost every single person that used to go there.

gee new error this morning..

Database Error

An error has occurred while interacting with the database.

Back to the Gallery

An error has occurred while interacting with the database.
    That was the error I saw on your gallery this morning.
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design