Thread: My first Wiki project - looking for affordable paid help

Registered

My first Wiki project - looking for affordable paid help

Where would I find affordable paid help in setting up and customizing a wiki?

I want to start a wiki based on a music niche and would like to find someone to do the install, configuration and a change the logo ect... Any ideas on where I can post to find someone trustworthy and affordable?

thanks

Have you chosen your wiki program of choice? You could look for existing websites to decide which one you like. See
    Top 5 open source Wiki engines
    and read the requirements. Will your wiki be hosted here on PowWeb? If so, you want a script that works with php4 or php5 and MySQL 5 on Linux Debian.

You could try installing a few to see which one(s) you like. Once you have decided, you can customize the look. I will suggest TikiWiki, because their website is up to date, they have a community for support and they have css and smarty templates for easy customization of themes. Or its predecessor MediaWiki.

You should have a plan or outline of how you want to set up your website. It is difficult to get a price quote or response from someone who doesn't fully understand the scope of your project. Make a list of features you need or want and prioritize them. Be sure that you or the person you hire will make backups of the website and database for maintenance or upgrades.
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design
    Customized Internet Advertising Solutions

The person is looking not to do the work themselves but hire someone to do it.
    "You don't really understand human nature
    unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around
    -- and why his parents will always wave back."

-William D. Tammeus

I realize that. Anyone who wants to hire someone should do some research and have an idea what he/she wants. So many people simply say "I want a website" and do not have a detailed explanation of what they want the website to say or do. Many companies will not even respond to requests that are too general, because they don't have enough information to create an estimated time of completion or cost.
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design

Ok jg123:

Here is the deal, I, just as Yvette, would recommend TikiWiki, as it is the most feature rich, best documented, and best supported Wiki out there.

If all you want is the script uploaded to your host, all the permissions changed, the installation ran, and an Admin Name and Password given to you so you can start working on it, I will do it for $75. I will need $50 of it up front (via PayPal), and $25 when I deliver the site (also via PayPal). I just did a TikiWiki install on one of my unused domains, so I could show you what you get, to see what the script looks like Brand New, go here: http://www.woodees.com , that is what TikiWiki looks like right out of the box.

Logo design is hard to quote, as I do not know what all you want in a logo (we can discuss that later)

If you want me to do more configuration, or teach you more about the script, I can do that too, @ $20/hr up front (3 hr minimum).

If you are interested, Private Message me through this forum (By clicking on my user name on the left), and we can finalize the details.
    Last edited by leenkz; 11-16-07 at 02:11 AM. Reason: Fixed a few typos
    Peace,
    Mike

Sounds like Mike is giving you a good deal. He already installed it on this host, so he knows what to do. And anyone that agrees with me must be okay!
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design

<<kaboom!>>
    Hey I would do it for $50. You can give me the payment after I have done my work. I would suggest MediaWiki or if you have a preference then I will install that.