Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wait time for support

Scratch that, I found it.
    Luckily there's not that many tickets in the Boston queue, so it was easy enough.

It's being worked on by the guy who built most of the CGI platform for PowWeb, so if anyone can fix it, it's him.

He should have some answers in by the end of the day, or tomorrow morning at the very latest. I'll keep an eye on the ticket, and try to push it through the system once he fixed it (so a Tier2 can e-mail/call you back faster)

The admins don't talk on the phone. They just work with computer hardware and software. There are customer support people who communicate with customers and staff. The admins would have less time to work, if they had to make or answer calls.
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design
    Customized Internet Advertising Solutions

Not sure who told you an engineer was going to call you back, but that's not going to happen.
    I have been told that a couple of times. Usually when I am upset and demanding an answer and want someone to tell me why my site has been down for multiple days. Support seems to tell you anything at that point to get you off the phone.

Plus, admins have a way of.. confusing every day folks.

There's often times in meetings with them where they start spouting acronyms about things, and I'm like "woah, wha?!"

We try to keep them in the cave, where they're happy. Dark, quiet places do well for Sys-Admins.

You should see the confused look on my husband's face when I talk about my work. My son learned some of the words and can confuse adults with computer terms. Sometimes you really need an interpreter and I try to explain computer issues as simply as possible with less acronyms. It annoys me when people type acronyms on the Internet, because it does get difficult to follow the conversation after a while.
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design
    Customized Internet Advertising Solutions

Registered
    I got a call from powweb at 4am. Jeez.

Support is terrible.

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by IanS View Post
    Wait times can vary a great deal and all 'evidence' from these boards would be very anecdotal.
    ...ancedotal evidence is pretty valuable. I've been shopping around (fed up like so many here) and you can go to other providers' forums and do a quick search (something like "MySQL slow" or "support problem") and figure out quite quickly if this is something that a company is struggling with (100s of hits) or something that isn't an issue (a few or no hits).

It's amazing to see the difference from one company's forum to the next.

Google's also good for this, especially since a company could edit their own forums...

other providers' forums
    Alot of companies don't have their own forums. Google searches are better for finding out problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_T View Post
    ...ancedotal evidence is pretty valuable. I've been shopping around (fed up like so many here) and you can go to other providers' forums and do a quick search (something like "MySQL slow" or "support problem") and figure out quite quickly if this is something that a company is struggling with (100s of hits) or something that isn't an issue (a few or no hits).

It's amazing to see the difference from one company's forum to the next.

Google's also good for this, especially since a company could edit their own forums...
    It is amazing. Here at Powweb problems aren't hidden away despite what some say. It would be easy for a forum to remove references to issues relating to slowness. Lack of them in other forums doesn't necessarily indicate they are not having the problems, just they're not talking about them or allowing customers to raise the issue.

Good luck with your searches on Google.
    This is a Powweb customer
    helping Powweb customer forum.

I am a customer just like you!!

Some matters can only be answered by staff or support.
    Give it a go - ask here first!

Registered

It took 3 minutes to open this reply page

I have been with Powweb for a few years now and it seems the response time for moving around in any section is degrading more each week.

I have, over the years, referred several people to Powweb, but I can no longer do this. I had no reccomendatation to give the last 3 people who asked me if they should use Powweb. I told them I could not in all good conscience reccomend Powweb any more.

It took me 3 minutes to get this response page to open. I can hardly stand to use Powweb any more because it is so slow.

Anyone have any ideas on where to go if one were to leave Powweb?

Discussion of other hosts is against forum policy. Posts of that type will be removed.
    "You don't really understand human nature
    unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around
    -- and why his parents will always wave back."

-William D. Tammeus

Registered
    Wait time this call... 42 minutes and counting. Good thing I have hands-free and some other stuff to do.

PowWeb Staff
    Use the Support Center to enter problems; just document well the circumstances you are experiencing and the exact URL's etc where the problem is -- give enough detail for anyone to do a step-by-step to recreate the problem...

There are thousands of (non-powweb) accounts experiencing system changes right now that are supported by the same support teams/support centers --- there will usually be 40-50 callers/chatters ahead of you whenever you contact during business hours ... so that's 20 min to hour that you could avoid waiting by simply submitting your issue via the Support Center -- All tickets get escalated to the same Tier2 or higher channels, and if the issue will require Tier2 or above, calling isn't going to move it any faster -- everything above what a Tier1 agent can do will involve a Ticketed escalation that will generally require 24-48 hours for you to be recontacted...

So, save yourself some time and use the Support Center...
    Well, that's the way I see it -- for the moment!

Registered
    Well, I was waiting to cancel my account & get a refund... last time I'll wait, I guess!

My understanding is that those from US and Canada can ONLY cancel via the phone. Has this changed?
    This is a Powweb customer
    helping Powweb customer forum.

I am a customer just like you!!

Some matters can only be answered by staff or support.
    Give it a go - ask here first!

PowWeb Staff
    Not that I'm aware...
    Well, that's the way I see it -- for the moment!