Thread: Mapping Bundle - Still Charged

Thumbs down Mapping Bundle - Still Charged

I purchased the mapping bundle back when it was needed if you didn't want t mess with your .htaccess . They have now made that functionality free, but will still charge you on a recurring basis if you had it on your account.

I would suggest that if anyone still has it on their account that they contact PowWeb to have it removed before it shows up on your credit card.

Tried calling support today to get the charge reversed and was on hold for over an hour before I hung up.

I've made the request to support - for two accounts on which I had paid for the bundle in April 2007.

We'll see how quickly they respond to our requests.
    This is a Powweb customer
    helping Powweb customer forum.

I am a customer just like you!!

Some matters can only be answered by staff or support.
    Give it a go - ask here first!

Quote Originally Posted by entrecon View Post
    I purchased the mapping bundle back when it was needed if you didn't want t mess with your .htaccess . They have now made that functionality free, but will still charge you on a recurring basis if you had it on your account.

I would suggest that if anyone still has it on their account that they contact PowWeb to have it removed before it shows up on your credit card.

Tried calling support today to get the charge reversed and was on hold for over an hour before I hung up.
    Enquiries made here have implied that the mapping bundle was a one-off charge but the facility was only valid for a year. You would then need to buy it again if you wanted to make further changes after the one year period had expired. The last time I looked the mapping bundle was not shown on my account as a recurring charge unlike my annual subscription. May be a bug in the billing system?

It was intended as a one-off charge. entrecon is telling us that it has appeared as new charge recently so we need to be careful and let support know that we really don't wish to pay $27.77 for a service that is now included in the account price.
    This is a Powweb customer
    helping Powweb customer forum.

I am a customer just like you!!

Some matters can only be answered by staff or support.
    Give it a go - ask here first!

Quote Originally Posted by IanS View Post
    entrecon is telling us that it has appeared as new charge recently
    Yes, I know. Perhaps I won't bother posting again...bye...

My upcoming charges show the same as g4mby's. But with the heads-up from entrecon, I'll keep an eye on them when April comes around (which is when the one year for the tool runs out).

g4mby, please don't stop posting. You made great posts in the past and I'd hate to see a misunderstanding drive you away. The problem with posts in no inflection can be made and they can be read a variety of ways. We only have smileys which are pretty much useless at times.
    "You don't really understand human nature
    unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around
    -- and why his parents will always wave back."

-William D. Tammeus