Thread: Billing : Payment history / Plan

Registered

Billing : Payment history / Plan

Dear POWWEB,

I have two questions for you:

1. Please tell me how can I retrieve the payment information history (balance) of my account (fractal-music.com) ?

Using "Payment Overview" I can't find anything from 06/27/01 through 12/31/07.
    There should be an applied for $186.48 "PowWeb Bi-Yearly (Promo 6 Months Free)06/27/05 08:06am and a credit from referal program.

2. Can I change my plan starting with February 2008 keeping my site up (instead of shutting down and buy a new hosting plan) ?

My hosting expire on 2/22/2008 and I want to continue with your new plan 5.77/300GB. Is this possible ?

Many thank in advance for your answers.
    Fractal-Music.com

All individual billing issues should be addressed to support@powweb-inc.com as this is a customer helping customer area and not an official support route.

The $5.77 is probably for 'new customers only'. This is very common in the hosting market. There is no monthly plan available, they simply quote the monthly equivalent price to enable comparision between their plans.

There is no ability to
    This is a Powweb customer
    helping Powweb customer forum.

I am a customer just like you!!

Some matters can only be answered by staff or support.
    Give it a go - ask here first!

Registered

Hosting plans

OK, thanks for your answer to the first one. I will contact Support asap.

For the second one, sorry, but I don't get it.
    Instead of $186.48, why I shouldn't pay $138.48 for the next 2 years transferring my domain and having more features available?

Besides, why the old hosting plans are not instantly upgraded to the new plan/package offers?

Thanks in advance.

If you contact support, they will be able to upgrade your current account to the new space, bandwidth and MySQL amounts. They've done it for others just for the asking.

Ian is correct. The reduced amount is for new customers only. Renewals of subscriptions are at the then current rate. The fine print at the bottom reads:

*$5.77/mo for the first year only, $7.77/mo thereafter.
    valid on .net, .org, .com, .biz, .info, and .us for new customers (not transfer).

Referrals do not show up in the Billing Status and/or Payment Overview as they are credits not debits. (Owed TO you not FROM you). That's what I found out when I renewed in September.

I guess Ian fell asleep in the middle of his sentence a couple of posts ago.
    "You don't really understand human nature
    unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around
    -- and why his parents will always wave back."

-William D. Tammeus

Registered
    Well, thanks DOC C but I understood at the first time Ian's post...

I'm talking about my plan, very different of what a "new customer" receive at the same money 7.77$/mo: 300G space instead 20G, 75 databases instead 5 and so on ...

Sorry, but if my theory is good, I earn more if I buy a new hosting plan and transfer the data there (?).

Again:
    Why the old hosting plans are not instantly upgraded to the new plan/package offers?? Of course, keeping the 7.77$/mo initial/normal price.

Aren't we those "old customers" who had a lot of problems during Windows hosting platforms "era", lacks of email and ftp services, infinite servers maintenance, a longer than expected "migration", an so on, not talking about that one of my VISA CC has been blocked because of a database incident ...

Even in these conditions I always referred at POWWEB as one of the best hosting provider ... I've even earned 15$ during referral program but I think I "lost" them during an POWWEB services "upgrade" - my balance is empty, showing nothing during 2 years period. I just contacted POWWEB's Support to clarify this issue.

Powweb wasn't a Windows server based host (in all the time I've been here and long before).
    The policy with Legacy Powweb was to give automatic upgrades. The new Powweb rely on you requesting the upgrade. Many don't bother, or wait a considerable time before requesting the upgrade. The upgrade has always been provided free, so far, on request. All you have to do is ask.

Doc, yes - my answer was getting boring so gave up

Registered
    Well, finally good news. Thanks Ian.

Indeed, seems that POWWEB never used Windows platform; I've mixed up a little (we migrated from another hosting, Windows server based, here), being upset because I have no answer from Support yet.

I finally got around to asking for an upgrade the other day. It was completed within 24 hours.

It was a one sentence request, starting with Please...

Quote Originally Posted by fractal View Post
    Well, finally good news. Thanks Ian.

Indeed, seems that POWWEB never used Windows platform; I've mixed up a little (we migrated from another hosting, Windows server based, here), being upset because I have no answer from Support yet.
    Support may be a little light on staff over the holiday period. Also, as it is a billing question you may find they've passed it on to the billing dept who don't work weekends and holidays.

Registered
    OK, got it. I'll wait for their answer - I've started with "Please" either
    Well, I totally forgot about the holidays ... I don't have any ...

Ian, Doc and losttarget, thanks so much for your help.

Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year!

Please, let us know here what they say.

Happy New Year

Registered

Upgrade

Hello again,

Yesterday, my account has been upgraded (for free) to 300G space, 75 databases, etc. very close to the new "One Plan" featured here:
    http://www.powweb.com/powweb/hosting.bml
    Still have 650 (not unlimited) email accounts but this is not an obstacle.

So, the Support Team asked me about the Security Answer (see "Personal" => "Security Question") and that's all.

Thanks again for all your help.