Thread: MediaWiki Issues: OCaml, GNU Make, ImageMagick, etc...

MediaWiki Issues: OCaml, GNU Make, ImageMagick, etc...

Any idea when Powweb will offer OCaml, GNU Make, ImageMagick, etc. in order to aide in the setup of Wikis on the PowWeb servers?

I spent an hour in a chat with a Powweb employee who kept asking questions that didn't make sense (my guess the person didn't speak real good english). I spent 45 minutes on the phone waiting to speak to a Powweb tech about the issues before I gave up and hung up the phone. I have had issues with every installation I've done through Powweb's InstallCentral to boot!

Sorry, I'm a little frustrated...

Anyway, if there's anyone who can tell me:

1) What the path is to ImageMagick so that it can be used in a wiki, I'd appreciate it.

2) If OCaml and GNU Make is available on the servers so that the Math TeX can create the texvc file and be set up in a wiki on Powweb's servers.

Registered
    I found ImageMagick to be available under /usr/bin until earlier this year.
    Then they changed stuff and buggered it all up - I found ith to work under /usr/local/bin

Nevertheless, since they changed it, I'm having problems with my Postie plugin for WordPress. I used the binary conversion under the URL /usr/bin/convert but it doesn't seem to work under /usr/local/bin/convert.

I've been in chats with Powweb, who insist that ImageMagick is located under "/usr/bin/" and any time I try to get them to see that it does not work when set to that path, they ask me "is there anything else we can help you with today?" and completely ignore the problem...

I've tried setting the path to each of those you mentioned, but nothing I've tried seems to work.

PowWeb Staff
    The is no listed support for Objective CAML or GNU Make -- only PHP, Perl, Python and Ruby (not RubyForge) are listed as installed services in the CGI system.
    The platform is not intended to provide support for developing applications, even bytecode mediated systems like CAML, so I doubt that "make" is customer facing.

Our support platform has ImageMagick under /usr/bin -- but if your hosting CGI server does not, then its likely to be in /usr/local/bin...
    Well, that's the way I see it -- for the moment!