Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: "require_once" issues in MediaWiki

  1. #1
    cmills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    101
    Rep Power
    15

    "require_once" issues in MediaWiki

    In my MediaWiki installation, every time I try to add certain extensions to the wiki and add a line starting with "require_once" into the LocalSettings.php file, it makes the wiki become a blank white page...

    Any explanations and help will be appreciated!

    Thanks
    CMills

    Edit ->
    Like for instance, the MediaWiki Extension:Wildcard_search

    The file calls for an added file in the "extensions/" folder, followed by an added line:

    require_once("extensions/wildcardsearch/SearchMySQLwildcards.php");

    If I delete the "require_once" line, it solved the problem, even without deleting the "extensions/etcetera..." info...
    Last edited by cmills; 1-7-08 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Enter Example

  2. #2
    HalfaBee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    7,266
    Rep Power
    26
    The cgi error logs will show the reason, it is probably a case issue or path issue.
    I don't suffer from laziness, I enjoy every minute!
    Edit your php.ini here
    http://members.powweb.com/member/cgi...nt/PHPplus.bml

  3. #3
    cmills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    101
    Rep Power
    15
    Thank you, and not to sound like an idiot, but where can I find the CGI error logs?

  4. #4
    HalfaBee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    7,266
    Rep Power
    26
    I don't suffer from laziness, I enjoy every minute!
    Edit your php.ini here
    http://members.powweb.com/member/cgi...nt/PHPplus.bml

  5. #5
    cmills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    101
    Rep Power
    15
    Thanks for the help... However, I'm looking at it right now and I can tell you that those poor little logs don't make any sense to me...
    Last edited by cmills; 1-8-08 at 01:35 AM. Reason: spelled "sense" wrong

  6. #6
    cmills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    101
    Rep Power
    15
    If it'll help or make a difference, here's what the log says:

    PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting
    T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /hermes/xxxXX/xXXXX/pow.xxxxxx/htdocs/wiki/extensions/wildcardsearch/SearchMySQLwildcards.php
    on line 15

  7. #7
    Custom User Title entrecon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,742
    Rep Power
    17
    Can you show us a section of code? The first 20 lines of SearchMySQLwildcards.php would probably do it.
    ________________________________
    Find me on twitter: @entrecon

  8. #8
    cmills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    101
    Rep Power
    15
    Yeah, I can do that... I got it off MediaWiki's site. It's an extension. Here's the link:

    http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Wildcard_search

    Installation instructions just say to create a file with that code in it, and bingo...

    Thanks again!
    CMills

  9. #9
    HalfaBee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    7,266
    Rep Power
    26
    If you are runnin g version 1.8.3 or 1.7.1 remove the words "public static" on line 15.
    I don't suffer from laziness, I enjoy every minute!
    Edit your php.ini here
    http://members.powweb.com/member/cgi...nt/PHPplus.bml

  10. #10
    cmills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    101
    Rep Power
    15
    I'm running version 1.6.5 on my MediaWiki installation...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •