Thread: How to open Compaq Presario Notebook V3000?

Registered

How to open Compaq Presario Notebook V3000?

I have a Compaq Presario Notebook V3000 and the LCD doesn't lit up. The diagnosis from Staples said the LCD power connector is broken. I want to know how to open the case to have a look myself before pay them to fix it? Any one knows how to open the case. I went as far as the point that I removed the keyboard.

Many thanks,

The video cable breaking is a common problem with laptops. We've had IBM and Dell out for it numerous times. Even after almost 30 years in IT, I'm still not authorized to open up a laptop still under warranty!

Try this page for a manual.
    "You don't really understand human nature
    unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around
    -- and why his parents will always wave back."

-William D. Tammeus

Quote Originally Posted by meatalfish View Post
    I have a Compaq Presario Notebook V3000 and the LCD doesn't lit up. The diagnosis from Staples said the LCD power connector is broken. I want to know how to open the case to have a look myself before pay them to fix it? Any one knows how to open the case. I went as far as the point that I removed the keyboard.

Many thanks,
    Good Luck... you'll need it

Service Manual for V3000 (step by step instruction):

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01035667.pdf

On the two notebooks that I've taken apart, it was about 3 to 1 regarding reassembly compared to disassembly. They come apart pretty easy... then the fun begins

HTH

symo
    Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane.
    - Philip K. Dick

That's why I leave it to the professionals, symo. Even they get it wrong sometimes, one IBM tech opened the case, replaced the defective video cable, put it back together then powered it up. No display! He took it back apart and found he'd caught the cable in the case and severed it. Gave me great confidence in those techs. NOT!!
    "You don't really understand human nature
    unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around
    -- and why his parents will always wave back."

-William D. Tammeus