Thread: Thumnail error, already answered, need more details..

Registered

Thumnail error, already answered, need more details..

I am having the exact same problem as the link below, but need someone to walk me through how to fix it:

http://forum.powweb.com/showthread.php?t=78755

I am using gallery 1.3.3

It seems post #2 of that thread has all the needed info. Have you done that and it still errors? Perhaps another user of the Gallery script can provide you more detailed instructions, as I don't have it installed and am not familiar with it.

BTW, I live in Alderson, where are you? You can contact me thru my website (first one in sig) if you don't want to post personal info here.
    -bruce /* somdcomputerguy */
    'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'

Registered
    It doesn't answer my question because I don't know where to log in to find the information to change.

Do I log into gallery? Into Powweb Ops? Where? Gallery doesn't have the ImageMagick listed.

Apparently theres a 'Site Admin' link in Gallery, and ImageMagick settings in the 'Graphic Toolkits' category. When another Gallery user reads this, I'm sure more helpful post(s) will be made. Sorry I can't help more, I don't use Gallery so I'm not familiar with it.
    -bruce /* somdcomputerguy */
    'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'

Registered
    I'm not sure why you responded, I can read the post just like you can...sorry, just seems like a waste of time on your part.

stickercutting, being rude is not necessary. Especially if you expect help. People will read your post, see your attitude and most likely not reply.

Try being a little nicer.
    "You don't really understand human nature
    unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around
    -- and why his parents will always wave back."

-William D. Tammeus

I don't think he/she's being rude he/she just doesn't understand. Snowmaker gave you the answer, you login to the Gallery Admin panel and do it there.

Path to NetPBM - Leave OR Delete the entry so that the textbox is empty (deletion required only for Gallery 1.3.3)
    Path to ImageMagick - Make sure it is /usr/local/bin/
    Jhead EXIF Parser - I don't think this has been recompiled at Powweb, so leave it blank

*Note: You are at risk of being hacked. The latest stable release of Gallery1 is 1.5.7 You really should upgrade or install the latest Gallery2 - 2.2.4
    Croc Hunter MSC :

Registered
    Not being rude, just stating that I didn't need it reiterated what I already read.

There is nothing related to ImageMagick in the admin panel of gallery 1.3.
    I see no path of ImageMagick in 1.3, anywhere in the admin panel when visiting my gallery.

I didn't install gallery through Powweb - wouldn't this effect things?

I'm hesitant to upgrade to 1.5 because 1.3 isn't working correctly. Don't want to create 2 issues at once.

No I can't see Powweb/non-Powweb install affecting why it stopped working. If there is no path to ImageMagicK setting in the admin panel it is: 1. You set the path when installing and need to edit the path in all files referencing it. 2. Version 1.3 does not support ImageMagicK and so it's a whole different problem.

Quote the error message you get. Have you checked your logs? How big is your database? Is it possible to create a database backup, delete 1.3 and install 1.5 then restore your database? Or even have a shot at Gallery2 with your database.
    Croc Hunter MSC :

Mine still won't work, and I pass the tests so to speak

ImageMagick binary test results
    Binary Name Pass/Fail
    identify
    Passed
    convert
    Passed
    composite
    Passed

No uploaded images resize though, just broken links and a good original. Maddening since it has been like this for MONTHS. I think I am ready to find another host..
    WhiteKnuckleMotorsports.net

well cool, I switched the order from GD to ImageMagick and it seems to be working now. Off to upload more images. It seems to be faster then it was but it still hangs pretty bad IMHO.
    WhiteKnuckleMotorsports.net