Thread: Help !! Newbie Not Smiling at The Moment

Registered

Unhappy Help !! Newbie Not Smiling at The Moment

Hi Everyone,
    first of all just like to introduce myself ..Hi !!
    So ...Im A Newbie with SiteDeluxe and the whole website building thingy and last night started creating some pages and today finished hem off and with a smile clicked Publish to web and...... I got this:

Remote Publish Error

There has been a connection failure with the remote server where your site is hosted. This could be because you are out of disk space, or the remote server may be down or too busy, or your FTP password may have changed. As a result, this operation cannot be done at this time. Please verify that you have disk space available by going to the Web Site Tools area then try again...

I went from this to this.. in a trilli second lol

The connection was good ...diskspace completely available ...I think I have either messed up in FTP or not set it up right.

Where are the finished pages supposed to go and how do I make sure they go there, when I hit the Publish Button?

Do I need to set up something with the server?
    Can anyone please be kind enough to help.Or give me a link on how to publish your finished SiteDelux Pages?

Thanks a bunch

Thinkin' out loud again Builder's Avatar
    I know next to nothing about SiteDelux so I went to the Powweb Knowledge Base:
    http://www.powweb.com/knowledgebase/category.bml?c=509
    Not much help there except that it did say there is a "Help" button at the bottom of the SiteDelux screen. Hopefully that "Help" button is context-specific. Your published files should end up in your htdocs folder (or a sub-folder thereof, i.e. "images"). You can check if they ended up in the right place by logging in to OPS and going to File Manager.

Good luck,
    Kevin
    A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...
    but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying,
    "Damn... that was fun!"

Registered
    Thanks for jumping in ....My username is not the web site....My site is hosted by PowWeb.
    The said site is http://www.marketing-tools-for-ebooks.com

Consister this a delve out Doc
    Thanks
    Anthony

Builder did provide some things to try...

Registered
    There should be a step by step video or something for non-nerd first timer website builders... about what to do when you are ready to publish your site thru sitedelux onto your PowwebServer domain...

This is driving me nuts...maaan it cant be so impossible..

Anthony

Registered
    Help somebody PLEASE

PowWeb Staff
    Open a ticket for this ... we may need to reset some permissions for this to work (the site is getting a permission issue [403]).
    Well, that's the way I see it -- for the moment!

Registered
    i'm getting the same exact thing too when i try to publish. i also can't save any changes i made because the 'done' button does nothing, but when i press 'cancel' it sends me back to the main page. i dont get it!!!!

It has already been identified that a support ticket is necessary for the original poster. If you're issue is the same then please also open a support ticket.
    This is a Powweb customer
    helping Powweb customer forum.

I am a customer just like you!!

Some matters can only be answered by staff or support.
    Give it a go - ask here first!

Registered

Intermittent Publish Error

Me too. As I understand, you don't need to adjust your settings, or learn some new stuff. It is supposed to just work. It always did before.
    I can publish sometimes, and I get that error message other times.
    I also have one of my sites published and working, that shows as "Unpublished" in the list of "All my Sites." Ok Ok, I'll submit a ticket. <Goes to figure out how to submit ticket>

Try looking in OPS, support section. Scroll down to bottom of 1st screen after logging in and there's a link to submit a ticket or view other tickets. (Can't log in from here to OPS because of non-CAPTCHA problems).
    This is a Powweb customer
    helping Powweb customer forum.

I am a customer just like you!!

Some matters can only be answered by staff or support.
    Give it a go - ask here first!

PowWeb Staff
    It (and I'm speculating here) relates to permissions for SiteDelux publish area -- the upgrade caused existing sites to be be backed up/moved to a different directory [this is hidden in the backend of your storage implementation] -- the Tier1 agents have access to a Fix Permissions tool that will check and reset the permissions if this is needful on your account ... so, again, a Support Console ticket is the way to go, if your SiteDelux is refusing to publish ... (poor thing can't overwrite where it needs to )
    Well, that's the way I see it -- for the moment!