Thread: Trouble using a mac

Registered

Trouble using a mac

I'm tying to update my site using Site Deluxe from my Mac, when I use safari, Opera or firefox the home page opens but when i try to navigate to a different page all i get is a blank screen, if i click on a feature button then it fills in the screen with my page with the add it here or edit(depending on what feature button i clicked) when i go to edit (a text block) it opens the section (looks like everything is working, except for spell checker) but when i'm done i click the done button inside on the page or on the bottom and nothing happens the only button that works is cancel

I also cant publish my site I get a error that im out of disk or ram space or some other error.

I haven't added anything new to my site i just was trying to edit some text blocks (from what was there) has anyone else been able to use SiteDeluxe with safari, opera or firefox?

I have a support ticket open but I was told it was resolved (I'm still unable to use my Mac with SiteDeluxe) I can update my site from my laptop (windows XP) using explore but not firefox so if you have found a way to get my Mac to work I would love to know.
    Thanks

It may have been closed as resolved because either they can't reproduce the problem or are still working on it. See other posts about ticket closure to understand that resolved doesn't mean solved, just that an individual tech has passed it on or Powweb can't solve the issue.
    This is a Powweb customer
    helping Powweb customer forum.

I am a customer just like you!!

Some matters can only be answered by staff or support.
    Give it a go - ask here first!

PowWeb Staff
    Firefox only, has worked for some people -- Safari seems to take some shortcuts that don't allow it to be used;Opera on Mac I've never heard/had feedback from anyone using it with SiteDelux (and we have somewhere around 100,000 users)

SiteDelux is "officially" not supported on Mac systems; which means that in our experience it rarely works well and is subject to problems with communication (much like those common to Mac programs for FTP connections) -- it often ends up with an incomplete update that requires the site be restored to get it working again.

Perhaps the new version they are working on will address some of that...
    Well, that's the way I see it -- for the moment!

Registered
    Ok so the only browser that the current updated SiteDelux will work with is explore?

The old version worked with firefox, opera and was a little hard to use with safari but you could do some things just had to do it a little different

seems like dmacminn said firefox is the only browser that has worked on a Mac, but that the Mac OS is not supported regardless.

SO, try your luck with firefox for the Mac, and if that doesnt work you'll need to find something other than Sitedelux.

PowWeb Staff
    mpendy, my suggestion would be to use a Windows workstation with SiteDelux, if that is at all feasible ... that being said, I worked a bit on a site yesterday where the client couldn't get connected or complete a publish with the Mac -- but, I could using FireFox and the local Mac ---- so, it's not "impossible" -- just, it seems sometimes the combo of Mac upgrades and changes to the browser will cause issues that might make you want to hunt down even a slower Windows based wkstn --- (after all, you're only using a browser on it for SiteDelux).

... just, its important to know, that its not "intended"/designed to necessarily work with a Mac-based browser...
    Well, that's the way I see it -- for the moment!

Registered
    here is the browser information that I received from support
    When using SiteDelux to build your Web site please use the following browsers:

Windows:
    System Requirements:
    Windows 2000 or Higher
    Minimum screen resolution 800x600
    Browser Requirements:
    Internet Explorer 7.0
    Internet Explorer 6.0
    Firefox 2.0
    Firefox 1.5

Macintosh:
    System Requirements:
    Mac OS X 10.4 or higher
    Browser Requirements:
    Firefox 2.0
    Firefox 1.5

This is what I have had happen so far using windows the only browser that works for me is explore i use 7.0 (windows xp home) when i use firefox 2.0.0.14 it freezes as is described above

Macintosh Imac intel core 2 duo Mac OS X version 10.4.11 Firefox 2.0.0.14 freezes as it is described above

So is there any settings that I can change or any trick to using firefox with the updated sitedelux

I have tried firefox 3.0 beta using windows and that seamed to work mostly i haven't tried all of the sitedeluxe features or built new pages yet as i want to make sure it's stable so i don't lose anything

before the update i could use firefox, opera, explore, and safari browser's