Thread: SiteDelux Image Gallery Slow, if Ever

Registered

SiteDelux Image Gallery Slow, if Ever

Since the upgrade, the image gallery/ picture chooser basically doesn't work.
    It takes a minute or 2 for a page to appear, and then most of the jpg's and gif's show as a box with a red 'x', an image name, and a size. Anyone else having this problem?
    - I will submit a ticket.
    Last edited by dmacminn; 5-24-08 at 10:03 AM. Reason: removed support quote, per forum policy

Since the upgrade...

Since the upgrade...SiteDeluxe-doesn't work.

Please continue to new report problems with SiteDelux to support - detail if the function previously worked, give error messages and what you're trying to do so that they can pass them on.
    This is a Powweb customer
    helping Powweb customer forum.

I am a customer just like you!!

Some matters can only be answered by staff or support.
    Give it a go - ask here first!

Registered

Question Bugs or faulty template design ???

Hi, I'm using the new updated SiteDelux design_0049 to rewrite my entire website. Unfortunately, there has been many "flaws" with the new updates:

1. In the edit box, I can't delete or copy my drafts anymore
    2. In the navigation arean links, fonts, size, alignments and rollover colors don't function
    3. I can't insert Google analytic scripts in the html box.

I am concerned that if I publish the new site and have corrections to make I would not be able to do so later. At the same time I would need to publish it soon as I have some updates for my site.

I'd like to know if any of you have the above issues or what best to do. Support was not much help, but I believe they are working hard to correct some issues.

Thanks a lot if you have some suggestions.

Dan

Unfortunately...

As it is nothing works...
    Every page i go in to edit gets screwed up.

I had 265 working pages...
    I have now noting.

Im Still debating my next step.

Quote Originally Posted by jdpworld View Post
    Im Still debating my next step.
    contact support, learn to hand-code your sites, or download/buy a WYSIWYG editor.

SiteDelux is OK for basic sites, but at 265 pages, you should really start using some other software to develop your pages...

I use Dreamweaver; I bought it many years ago, and it still works!

I've heard good things about CoffeeCup. as i recall, it's relatively cheap, but not free.

NVU is a free, but perhaps not so active any more

Kompozer is an NVU derivative, I believe, that is more actively developed now than NVU.

Google will help you find any of these alternatives. If you are serious about your website, your viewers will thank you for switching from sitedelux!

my unsolicited advice

CoffeeCup isn't that expensive and you get free upgrades of all products you buy for life so it's cost effective. I've been using it for a while and it's easy to learn.
    "You don't really understand human nature
    unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around
    -- and why his parents will always wave back."

-William D. Tammeus

PowWeb Staff
    Most of the current issues experienced with SiteDelux relate to two basic root changes -- 1) the publish uses an FTP access to the system (different than the old system) and 2) the permissions/ownership of certain files are different between the older and newer versions (they are a good few years apart in versioning... )

We have someone who has active on the SiteDelux design team working with Engineering team -- so, although its a pretty major upgrade/change, and there will be some issues, we hope to have any additional issues addressed over the days ahead...
    Well, that's the way I see it -- for the moment!

Registered
    [QUOTE=dancingmagician;455952]Since the upgrade, the image gallery/ picture chooser basically doesn't work.
    It takes a minute or 2 for a page to appear, and then most of the jpg's and gif's show as a box with a red 'x', an image name, and a size. Anyone else having this problem?
    - I will submit a ticket.

Apparently that prognosis from support was "way too positive"... I've had the same problem w/ the initial ticket filed 5/18... last I heard, on 5/21... 12 more hours till mission accomplished... 5/23, STILL NOT FUNCTIONAL and no further support updates.
    Last edited by dmacminn; 5-24-08 at 10:02 AM.

Registered

Red face Gallery improved today

Today the gallery seems to be behaving better. Hopefully there is a reason for it, and its not just "good weather." passing through.