Thread: ImageMagick version?

ImageMagick version?

Any idea what version of ImageMagick is installed in /usr/local/bin ?

I ask because I'm seeing some thumbnail creation attempts failing, while others work just fine.

Files for which thumbnail creation has failed:
    Code:
    animation.gif: GIF image data, version 89a, 160 x 160
    That's an animation. Single-image gifs seem to work just fine.
    Code:
    28.jpg: JPEG image data, JFIF standard 1.00, comment: "LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01"
    That's a large 1704x3000 2789 KB image, but the problem seems to be the exact format rather than the size, as a 2272x1704 2039 KB image turned into a thumbnail just fine, and it reports itself thus:
    Code:
    1602.jpg: JPEG image data, EXIF standard 2.2
    I've successfully turned all these images to thumbnails elsewhere using the same gallery system and ImageMagick 6.3.8.3, so I'm guessing PowWeb has an older version installed. I'm wondering just how much older...

ImageMagick version 5.22 as of 05/01/07
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design
    Customized Internet Advertising Solutions

Ugh. Ancient history! That might explain a lot! (Assuming the knowledgebase is up-to-date, of course.) Thanks.

The knowledge base is usually NOT up to date. I managed to find the date updated while searching Google.

How to find a perl module version
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design

Registered

Question

Hi,

This is my first post in the PowWeb Community, so please be gentle. :-) I would like to thank everyone for the tremendous amounts of help, which I have received from reading your past posts. I have found tons of help, and I am sure that there are tons more that I have not yet found.

I notice the HTML capabilities are off in my settings summary, but I could not find an area in settings to turn HTML on. Does this mean that HTML is not permitted, or am I kind of on probation, for lurking so long. Sorry, didn't mean to ask that. It is probably off-topic.

My question is regarding modules like ImageMagick, IonCube, etc. I have not been able to find an area which tells me what modules are available. I spent three days trying to figure out how to install IonCube to run a $300 set of encrypted PHP scripts, only to find out that it was already installed. But, whatever techs did, the scripts started working, whereas they didn't before. So, since I cannot access "security-risk" areas in lower-level folders, can I find out what is already installed?

Oh, sorry, I am a PowWeb customer, running on a Linux-based shared server, using multiple domains and subdomains on one account. My apologies for the book. Thank you for all the help you have been, and any light that you can shed regarding the modules. And if I'm just totally helpless, I am sometimes used to it, so just "bump" me to the corner.

Phil

Rick
    For a list of CPAN modules for Perl, log into your Control Panel and select Site Tools-->Perl Scripting and you should see the "Perl Modules Installed" link.

For PHP, the easiest option is probably to create a .php file consisting simply of
    PHP Code:
    <?php
      phpinfo
    ();
    ?>
    You can do more digging by hand, but most services and utilities will have a function that will return a version number.
    Rick Trethewey

PowWeb Staff
    You can also access information via the "Server Information" icon in the Web Site management area of your Control Panel (Services Tab).
    Well, that's the way I see it -- for the moment!

Registered
    That is a great help! Thanks much!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by YvetteKuhns View Post
    Anyone any ideas where documentation for this ancient version of ImageMagick may be found? I'm having trouble which I think is down to some image size limits within its "convert" command, but much googling has so far only turned up documentation for version 6 and above...

I doubt you'll find 5.22 documentation. Put in a request to support to uprade the version. Can you switch to use the Gd library?
    Croc Hunter MSC :

Rick
    I just checked and Powweb currently has ImageMagick version 6.3.3 installed. The 5.x version number in the KnowledgeBase is obviously out of date.
    Rick Trethewey

Along with many things - it's on the work list......
    This is a Powweb customer
    helping Powweb customer forum.

I am a customer just like you!!

Some matters can only be answered by staff or support.
    Give it a go - ask here first!

Strange... I'm seeing unexplained failures which seem to be consistent with an old version of ImageMagick being used. Is 6.3.3 installed in /usr/bin, /usr/local/bin, or somewhere else?

Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design