Thread: Problems with SiteDelux

Registered

Problems with SiteDelux

I cannot make any new pages or edit existing ones. This has been going on for two days, despite reassurances from support that it would be fixed "today" (actually yesterday).

Does anyone know what is going on? Is there any time frame indicated for resolution?

Thanks.

This is a customer to customer forum - so unless support have been more forthcoming to others it is unlikely that those visiting here know more than you do.
    This is a Powweb customer
    helping Powweb customer forum.

I am a customer just like you!!

Some matters can only be answered by staff or support.
    Give it a go - ask here first!

Registered
    So I assume this is a problem of longstanding? The reason I ask is that there doesn't appear to be follow up from others who had problems.

I'm in a bind here, not knowing how to proceed.

Unfortunately, you can'tassume that either. There's not much follow-up from forum participants because most don't use Sitedelux and even frown upon it's use.

Most use either HTML or PHP or other languages. For stores, forums etc they use a variety of open-source software scripts.

Registered
    Well, that's all well and good and I wish I had that knowledge, but I don't.

Thanks for your answers though.

PowWeb Staff
    Support can never provide an assurance that something will be "fixed" by any given point -- unless, of course, they've already fixed it.... it just isn't possible to know in many cases, so, they guess as to the most likely cause of the issue you are experiencing and tell you the typical time for resolutions to be made...

Time frame for responses on open tickets is 24-48 hours typically -- support is very busy at present, so resolutions are likely nearer the 48 hour end of the scale.

In this case, they have likely already run all the correction tools (there are several for the purpose) and they probably all failed to fix the issue -- which means that the ticket has been referred into Engineering for additional review/correction... most of the issues related to the recent upgrade are now resolvable -- but there are a few issues still being worked on with the Trellix SiteDelux people ....
    Well, that's the way I see it -- for the moment!

Registered
    Support did tell me that it would be fixed yesterday. I have the name of the person I spoke with.

Unfortunately, I have no coding knowledge and came to Powweb because of the (supposed) ease of use making sites. Everything was fine until I was suddenly no longer able to edit pages.

I think you've given me the answer I need. Thank you.

there are a few issues still being worked on with the Trellix SiteDelux people ....
    I know I commented to you in another post about this. Sorry you are still having problems.

Unfortunately, I have no coding knowledge and came to Powweb because of the (supposed) ease of use making sites.
    You should try searching Google for a web page editor that you can use on your computer. Then upload the files using a free FTP software such as Filezilla. You will be able to edit pages on your computer and you will always have backups. Online editors are limiting and quirky.
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design
    Customized Internet Advertising Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    This has been going on for two days, despite reassurances from support that it would be fixed "

This has been going on for weeks...(now SiteDelux is dead an you can't access) an maybe its time to accept its not going to improve...

Registered

Discussion Boards

Is there an internal discussion bourd available on Sitedelux? If no, what is a good discussion board software fo me to try?

You can install phpBB or another forum software and simply link to it from your SiteDelux website. Or you can replace your SiteDelux website with software that has everything you need. SiteDelux is so limiting that I continue to discourage it. It appears that some of you have already outgrown it. For others, that may be all they will ever need.
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design

Quote Originally Posted by arthurgillespie View Post
    Is there an internal discussion bourd available on Sitedelux? If no, what is a good discussion board software fo me to try?
    This is the discussion area for SiteDelux installations at Powweb.

Try a google to locate non-Powweb discussions.

Registered
    Just a follow up to this discussion...I received a message that SiteDelux had been reset and pages were now editable, and they are.

Thank you, Yvette, for your suggestions and your hospitality on the boards. I appreciate you taking the time out to address my questions in a positive, helpful manner.

Hey, glad to hear you can edit again.

We had a storm that caused a power outage. The last outage toasted my air conditioner. Now it toasted the onboard LAN on my computer tower. My old Ethernet LAN cards from Linksys won't work on Windows XP 64 bit, so I swapped towers with my son. Now HE won't get online! Tomorrow is his last day of school. I should buy a LAN card that works on 64 bit systems or he will be really upset.
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design