Thread: Uploading files

Registered

Uploading files

I use sitedelux. It worked fine until it was upgraded in June (?). Now when the file is uploading, it takes a much longer time, and most times it never uploads. Even when it does, the page just sits there, and I finally (after about 15 minutes or longer) click on cancel. It goes back to my website, and when I try to upload a page, sometimes the file is already there. If the file is already there, it transfers to my site page quite well. But it is taking all day (truly) to upload half a dozen mp3 files. These are 'my creation' files. They're legal, and the powweb staff changed my settings so they would upload, but the program always freezes when uploading until I hit the cancel button. This also is the case for my text files (pdf), but they usually load even though I eventually have to hit the cancel button before they will appear in the file list. Also, when I try to delete a file, it never disappears. And, even when it does disappear, I still get a message which says the file is already there. I know this is probably confusing, but is there any place to go with this? I would like to continue using powweb, but am getting pretty frustrated. Support tells me they have no trouble uploading through my computer. I switched to Firefox, per support suggestion, but although firefox is much faster than internet explorer, still it does the same thing. ????

It is confusing.. Especially as I don't see how support can be uploading 'through' your computer.

Have you tried uploading the mp3 and pdf files via FTP so that you can incorporate them into the sitedelux pages and then 'publish' the pages?
    This is a Powweb customer
    helping Powweb customer forum.

I am a customer just like you!!

Some matters can only be answered by staff or support.
    Give it a go - ask here first!

Registered
    Sorry for the confusion. Support said they uploaded one of my files remotely and it worked fine. (?) Anyway, as for the FTP uploading, I'm inexperienced with this. Is there somewhere I can go to read up on it?

Grab a free FTP program like FileZilla. All you need enter is ftp.powweb.com your user/pass (usually OPS user/pass) port 21 and you can connect. Go through the settings and help files for explanations. I suggest you setup an ASCII file extension list and switch Auto upload mode on.
    Croc Hunter MSC :

-bruce /* somdcomputerguy */
    'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'

Registered
    Thanks to both of you! I'll try some of this and see how far I get.