Thread: Joomla Problem

Registered

Joomla Problem

I've just installed Joomla but when I log in to the back end none of the tabs (Site, Menus, Content, Components, Extensions etc...) are clickable and I can't access anywhere to install new components/modules etc... I can get into global configuration but again System and Server in there are also not clickable.

Advice anyone? Btw bare in mind I have very very little knowledge or experience so 'Joomla/Powweb for Dummies' speak would be appreciated

I have used Joomla before on a site but it was the older version so am familiar with how it works.

Did you install in OPS Install Central or do a manual install? I would reload/install the latest version manually, it's really not that hard to do.
    Croc Hunter MSC :

What version of Joomla do you have installed?

In Joomla installs when I have had issues it usually tracked back to a session issue. Been a while since I have worked with the config, but it seems like I needed to confirm stuff both in the php.ini and also in the Joomla config file.

Registered
    Installed it in ops central.

Tried uninstalling it, deleting the database and starting from scratch but its still doing the same thing.

Will give manual install a go.

Good luck. It appears that several of us have been unable to install a new CMS manually or with IC since at least Thursday. I tried to install Typolight manually on Thursday night and again on Friday. I tried again today and I still get "could not connect to database" error when trying to create the database. The database installed in 2004 has been running for years. We just can't create a new database now.

Report your problem to PowWeb support. Don't tell them you are a novice. Tell them that you think there is a problem connecting to the MySQL database server. You asked questions on the PowWeb forum and learned that you are not the only one having this problem. See other posts under MySQL forum and CMS forum.
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design
    Customized Internet Advertising Solutions