Thread: pdf files link

Registered

pdf files link

I'm looking for a wee bit of advice again if it is avail.

I've got a few pages up & running with S.D. (yeah!), and am now attempting to get some pdf files view-able. (I have found the Site Delux "Help" quite limited. I figure that this is nothing new to regulars here....)

I checked out the thread: "How to place a link to a PDF file in SiteDelux?". It is failing to work. (I may have to go through support again?)

I've put files into the File Manager using FileZilla (thanks for those other suggestions, that works really well)... but now how do I go about using the files now that they are sitting there?
    Does anyone have somewhere I can look/read to learn how to use them once they are there, or am I barking up the wrong tree? (I'll bet that putting those files there are so that some program other than S-D can use them, eh?) Or, is there a simple procedure to go through?

sounds like you'll just need to create a link to them...I dont use SD, so I cant help there.

If you uploaded the PDF's to a folder called 'files' in htdocs, you would just create a hyperlink to:

www.yourdomainhere.com/files/PDFfilename.pdf

Registered
    I get it! Thanks very much.
    (Yesterday, I was actually able to upload some links with SD. But then it stopped working again in the later part of the day... go figure! I'll try again today.)
    Susan