Thread: Cannot Get Images Loaded

Registered

Question Cannot Get Images Loaded

I have been trying for the past two days to get a logo/banner uploaded onto SiteDelux. I have transfered it to my sitebuilderpictures in my ftp and tried .gif and .jpg. The jpg doesn't work at all, automatically get the red X with a box. The .gif shows when I pick the file at browse but as soon as I upload it and go to preview it it comes up as X with a box.
    If anyone has any suggestions it would be great cause right now I'm ready to throw this computer through the window!!!!

Check the URL for the image as shown in the web page source code. You said you can see the image on the web server, so you know it was uploaded. You have to make sure the URL or path to call the image is correct.
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design
    Customized Internet Advertising Solutions

Have you confirmed the name is entered correctly? Remember that LOGO.GIF, Logo.GIF, logo.gif, etc. are all different files. (I forget this sometimes switching from Windows to a Unix machine) I don't know how SiteDeluxe handles filles, so I might be off base on this.

When you get the red X, Right-click on it and choose "properties" it should tell you where it is looking for the file, and what name it is looking for.

The images names must be correct and not use special characters. If the file name has a space, it will work in Windows and not other environments.
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design

Registered
    Yes the one thing I have noticed at the bottom of the images it has a little XML RSS box and reads - URL: http://ridgmont.ipower.com/sitebuild...assets/rss.xml

I played around to try and find somewhere to change it but don't know where to look? I have no idea why it's pulling a xml file?

Ready to give up on this website!!!!! Argh....

These are the PowWeb forums not the iPower forums. Answers given here may not apply to other hosts.
    "You don't really understand human nature
    unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around
    -- and why his parents will always wave back."

-William D. Tammeus

These are the PowWeb forums not the iPower forums. Answers given here may not apply to other hosts.
    ipower was bought by the same company that bought PowWeb. Support has recommended the PowWeb forum for answers!

I played around to try and find somewhere to change it but don't know where to look?
    http://ridgmont.ipower.com/background.jpeg shows the image that appears at http://ridgmont.ipower.com and I notice that the extension is dot jpeg and not dot jpg. Be careful with that or dot JPG.

Yes the one thing I have noticed at the bottom of the images it has a little XML RSS box and reads - URL: http://ridgmont.ipower.com/sitebuild...assets/rss.xml
    Can you post the URL to the page where the images appear? I didn't see the xml file but I am a visitor. Do you see that when you are logged into the site builder? Or is that in public view?

Ready to give up on this website!!!!! Argh....
    No need to give up on the website. I hate site builders and discourage using them since you can easily outgrow them and you can't easily copy or move your website to another host.
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design

Registered
    Yeah it's when I'm logged into the builder after I upload the image, it shows the image file and says 'Preview' and then below it it shows the xml URL, I'm not a master at HTML but if I can get somewhere the HTML is for me to change it that would be great. I've only done web design with Frontpage and never ever had these type of issues.

The SiteDelux offering of Powweb isn't used much by the customers that frequent these forums. You may be better off reverting to FrontPage webs without the FP extensions. (They're only needed if you use the extras provided by FP). You could also try one of the many free WYSIWYG editors if such as KompoZer.

When I dabbled with SD when Powweb introduced it I seem to remember you had to publish the site for everything to 'work'. Have you done this?
    This is a Powweb customer
    helping Powweb customer forum.

I am a customer just like you!!

Some matters can only be answered by staff or support.
    Give it a go - ask here first!

Registered
    No I haven't published it because I don't want to overwrite the existing until I'm done putting this one together, plus I didn't want to publish it to find out the pictures were still showing as X's. If I'm powered through [hostname removed] how would it work to use something like Kompozer? Do you just design it then upload it on the ftp? Any help would be great. I have an account with [hostname removed} as well I don't know if I could possibly use that to design and upload it to [hostname removed]?
    Last edited by Croc Hunter; 12-17-08 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Competitor's name removed per policy

Please note that forum policy is to NOT mention other hosting companies regardless of who owns them.
    "You don't really understand human nature
    unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around
    -- and why his parents will always wave back."

-William D. Tammeus

With CompoZer you create your site locally, then publish it via FTP or from within the program. The program handles everything for a simple site, and you can expand it, edit the HTML etc.
    This is a Powweb customer
    helping Powweb customer forum.

I am a customer just like you!!

Some matters can only be answered by staff or support.
    Give it a go - ask here first!

Registered
    I always make sure to use the SiteDelux image gallery tool to upload the images.
    It seems if I just ftp them over, they don't show up in the gallery.

sitedelux can be a bit tricky at times.

when you upload an image into sitedelux it converts the image into 4 images, each with various sizes and filenames for different thumbnails.

if the images are uploading as a red x sometimes deleting them and uploading a second time will be successful. If you have already tried this and it continues to fail, I recommend contacting support as it is likely the permissions are out of whack and need to be corrected.

Bluequeen has switched to CM4ALL http://forum.powweb.com/showthread.php?t=81392

I'm closing this thread to avoid any confusion.
    Croc Hunter MSC :