Thread: Getting started: Intranet

Registered

Getting started: Intranet

Hi all, I am a new member of the community and I hope to learn as much as I can from all of you. I am a Communication Intern working for CIVICUS: World Alliance for Citizen Participation, it is a non-profit organization which uses the latest version of Joomla(1.5.8). I have been tasked with setting up the Intranet using Joomla. The thing is I don't know where to start. The only experience I have with Joomla is updating sections on our site( www.civicus.org). I seriously need some assistance because no-one seems to have a clue here where I work.

Welcome aboard.

Please note that these are the PowWeb forums and as such, information given may not apply to other hosting providers.

The first 5 posts of any new member are held until released by a mod/admin. It's the first 10 if there is a hyperlink.

Mod and admins are here to help. The search feature is your friend. Spamming is not permitted and will result in being banned.

Enjoy your time here.
    "You don't really understand human nature
    unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around
    -- and why his parents will always wave back."

-William D. Tammeus

Welcome to the forum. Check your private messages for the reply to the one you sent to me. It has a lot of resources and detailed information.
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design
    Customized Internet Advertising Solutions

Registered
    Thanks you very much for your help

Dude you have been handed a whale on a 10 pound handline. A Google PR 7/10 with ZA nameservers comes with much responsibility. PM's to various members here is not putting your best foot forward - I'm tempted to ban you from these forums. Seek guidance from your peers or the person you took over from, they were doing great job.
    Croc Hunter MSC :