Thread: Membership Script for Secondary Domain

Membership Script for Secondary Domain

I"m not sure my 'lingo' is correct, but here goes...I have a secondary domain under my main domain (the pages are contained in a subdirectory within my primary domain's htdocs directory). The secondary domain is not set up as a subdomain...instead it is accessed directly through it's own URL. I want to use a membership script for the secondary domain so visitors have to register to get access to a specific directory an it's subdirectories. I can't figure out if it's possible to put this script within the secondary domain's directory or if I have to put it into the cgi-bin directory within my primary domain's htdocs. I want the visitors to use the URL for the secondary domain, not the primary domain.

Any ideas on how I can accomplish this?
    Peddler

eSessments
    Tools for Selecting, Developing, and Retaining Top Employees
    www.eSessments.com

Rick
    You need to put the script somewhere within the subdirectory that holds the file for this secondary domain. Creating a cgi-bin directory within that space would be a good idea. When you call your scripts from HTML forms, etc. the URL will look very ordinary, like http://www.example.com/cgi-bin/yourscript.cgi. The only thing you'll need to do a bit differently is if/when a script itself needs a file path. Those file paths will reflect the true location of the files within the parent account's directory/subdirectory paths. Good luck!
    Rick Trethewey

Thanks Rick. I did get it to work the way you said.

'preciate that. Mike
    Peddler

eSessments
    Tools for Selecting, Developing, and Retaining Top Employees
    www.eSessments.com