Thread: phpBB2 to phpBB3 conversion problems

Registered

phpBB2 to phpBB3 conversion problems

hi there, hope someone can help. i've got a phpBB2 forum that i am looking to upgrade to phpBB3.

so i've downloaded and installed the latest version phpBB3.0.4 and set it up correctly. i begin the conversion and and it gets to screen 17 out of 28 (filling tables) and then just hangs and stops. if i continue to reload the 'continue conversion' page enough times, i will eventually get a general error that says

General Error
    SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

User 'bosstones_app' has exceeded the 'max_questions' resource (current value: 75000) [1226]

SQL

SET NAMES 'utf8'

then if i wait long enough (i think it was at the top of the hour) i can get back into the conversion install screen which has left off at that same page (17 out of 28) and the fun begins all over again with the page not continuing to the next...

can anyone shed any light on this? is there a workaround on how to convert? oh also, the phpBB 2 forum backup was about 37 mb, not the hugest file but maybe it's too big? please be aware i'm not a php programmer but can follow directions enough to install mods and other php programs if they are well documented...

thanks in advance!

Registered

solved

for anyone who is having or had this problem with server errors or hanging conversion, i found the answer to it over at the phpBB forums...

modifying the install_convert.php file with this at the top did the trick:

<?php
    set_time_limit(35);