Thread: Wordpress Installation Woes

Registered

Question Wordpress Installation Woes

Hi,

I've been banging my head against the wall for the past few hours now trying multiple installations of Wordpress. I've done manual installs to this account before as well as Install Central installs, both of which I've tried today but to no avail.

When I do get a successful installation message from install central, I go to my domain and all i get is a blank html file that looks something like,
    <html></html>

There's no index or home.html as i've deleted those thinking they might be part of the issue. And when I do a manual install when I try to access wp-admin, I get an internal 500 error.

I've filed a ticket to support and have reviewed open threads here in the forum, but haven't found the help I need.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

~D

It is possible that there are old files or databases associated with your account that you thought were deleted. Or the Install Central app to install Word Press isn't working (others have reported similar problems).

And when I do a manual install when I try to access wp-admin, I get an internal 500 error.
    CGI should be enabled, but perhaps it got "mysteriously" disabled. Did you use a simple php or Perl script to test CGI? Do you have any .htaccess files that could cause this error? You may see these files through File Manager if not through a third party FTP software.
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design
    Customized Internet Advertising Solutions

Registered
    I'd look to see if you have the right version of PHP and MySQL with your hosting provider.