Thread: Need help - Want to have an eBay stores type website

Registered

Need help - Want to have an eBay stores type website

I need some help and don't know where to post.

I want to start / setup an eBay stores type website without all the financial burdens that eBay poses.

I sell a variety of things from antiques to homemade jewelry to odds and ends I just need to get rid of to simplify my life. They have small profit margins, though. I do sell on eBay but don't want to set up an eBay store with all the fees and crap attached.

Is there a website in a box type product that can help me?

I have been reading about HTML and website design but just don't seem to get it, and I don't think I have a designing bone in my body because most of the websites I see, I hate. I still like DOS better than any version of windows there has ever been.

I guess I'm just an old fart.

TIA,
    Byrd

Did you want people to bid on items or are they fixed price items? It sounds like they are mostly unique items (quantity of one without restocking), so you will want an item removed once ordered if it cannot be replaced.

You can make simple HTML pages and use the PayPal shopping cart form buttons to submit info to PayPal. You probably already have a PayPal account, so there wouldn't be any additional costs aside from PayPal transaction fees.

If you feel daring, you can install an open source shopping cart such as Zen Cart. It would probably be easier for you to create one HTML web page to use as a template and simply edit and resave as the next product page. If you need help, let me know.
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design
    Customized Internet Advertising Solutions