Thread: OPS Changes

OPS Changes

Is it just me or do you get annoyed when people play with stuff that was working fine and break it? I see Powweb in all it's wisdom has removed the Main, Services etc tabs from the login page replacing it with the homepage banner. I just logged into OPS.. why would I want to click links that take me back out? Clicking any of the new Install Central tabs load then close leaving no access (you have to click them twice). If it aint' broke guys don't "fix" it.
    Croc Hunter MSC :

Webmaster, DJ, Producer
    oh no, they havent changed OPS again have they?

I see Powweb in all it's wisdom has removed the Main, Services etc tabs from the login page replacing it with the homepage banner.
    Darn! Where are my tabs?

why would I want to click links that take me back out?
    Good question. I don't mind the main PowWeb header as long as the Main, Services etc tabs can still be on the page for OPS.

If it aint' broke guys don't "fix" it.
    I agree.

I still use the text links since I don't like the icons that look like cheesy CPanel. If they change that, I will really be disappointed. The visually impaired prefer text links over those stupid icons. I deal with many hosts and have to mouse over the blurry little images to find out what they represent.

Clicking any of the new Install Central tabs load then close leaving no access (you have to click them twice).
    I don't use Install Central, but many people do. Maybe they are trying to discourage its use by making it a nuisance to use!
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design
    Customized Internet Advertising Solutions

Top menu bar is now missing

When I first sign into Ops (AND CANCEL ANY STUPID AD TRYING TO GET ME TO BUY MORE WHEN ALL I NEED TO DO IS CHANGE SOME SETTINGS) - Anyway, when I now first sign in - the top menu bar is not there anymore (Main / Personal / Billing / Services / Domains).

Is this going to be put back?

I have detailed instructions / Screen prints for my documentation for my work's account on how to change things, and with those missing - those who know nothing but "follow the instructions" type of people are now getting messed up and clicking on things they don't need to be trying to find what they are looking for.

Is this going to be put back, or do I need to go and update all my documentation again?

The top menu bar is still there once you get further into OPS - is that going to change also?

I deal with people who don't deal with change well - so the more detailed instructions I can give them - the better chance they won't screw something up. :-)

Thanks.

Did I really type this in this forum, or was it moved???

I could have sworn I posted this in the OPS forum - i was looking through every board, and was about to repost when I found it here - in chit chat... but doesn't have the normal (... moved" next to threads that are moved. Hum..

I don't know about it moving, because I usually only look at New Items when I am reading and don't pay attention to the forum unless I am confused

It probably should be merged with This Thread though.

I deal with people who don't deal with change well - so the more detailed instructions I can give them - the better chance they won't screw something up. :-)
    I have the same problem. In fact, I am one of those people.

I worked in a store where we would move products every few months and make customers crazy trying to find them. The corporate thinking is customers will find other things to buy. When I shop, if I can't find what I need, I can't buy it. It doesn't make ME want to buy anything I didn't plan to buy. Instead, it makes me want to leave!
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design
    Customized Internet Advertising Solutions

Croc had already opened a thread on the OPS issue, coan.net. I thought I'd merged the threads but evidently did a move instead. I remedied that. (Note to self: Don't merge before coffee.)
    "You don't really understand human nature
    unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around
    -- and why his parents will always wave back."

-William D. Tammeus

Now it's where it should belong, back in OPS Contol Panel - Thanks to Croc!
    This is a Powweb customer
    helping Powweb customer forum.

I am a customer just like you!!

Some matters can only be answered by staff or support.
    Give it a go - ask here first!

I actually didn't even think to post it in OPS section initially as I wanted to "Discuss" the "if it aint broke don't fix it" theory, the changes and if you all like/dislike them. Put me down for a dislike. IMO it was wrong to ever change the login from last page visited, forcing all to goto the "Main" tab was not met kindly. Now they take the tabs away! OPS navigation is becoming more complex not simpler.
    Croc Hunter MSC :

Looks like someone is still messing with OPS this morning. I got an error from the server when trying to access the URL to visitor stats that I have bookmarked. Then just trying ops.powweb.com ended up with a blank page for several minutes. Seems to be working now, but I concur that if it ain't broke, don't "fix" it.
    Gene Alexander
    ERA Computers & Consulting http://www.eracc.com/ | http://shopping.eracc.com/ | http://blog.eracc.com/ | http://forum.eracc.com/
    Preloaded OSS (Linux, FreeBSD) and eComStation on PCs and Servers.

Well I wouldn't mind if they were to fix the allocating space for email accounts - I can't open that screen, it almost always never loads for me - probable since we have too many mailboxes, it can't load them all up on the screen.