Thread: Edit index.php = 'Restricted Access'

Edit index.php = 'Restricted Access'

Recently every time I've tried to edit the main index file for my Joomla site, when I try to access my website I get a white page with 'Restricted Access' in the top left corner, why?

I presumed it was a file permission problem, I remember something about Powweb putting extra protection on index files, however when that problem first arose I couldn't edit the index file at all, it was locked down, now I can update the file but it completely restricts access to the website...

I can't currently update my index file and have had to go back to a previous backup just to get the website back online, does anyone know why I can't edit this file all of a sudden please, thanks in advance.

Mods please delete this thread, problem resolved, I shouldn't have been messing with the core joomla index.php file for what I wanted to achieve, merely the index file within the site template, sorry!

We'll leave it up, it may help someone having the same problem. PM me if that's not suitable GameScares.
    Croc Hunter MSC :