Thread: Using SiteDelux to publish multiple sites

Registered

Using SiteDelux to publish multiple sites

My question is very simple. Can SiteDelux publish multiple websites, each to its own folder?
    Like,
    domain1.com -> /public_html/domain1com/
    domain2.com -> /public_html/domain2com/

I'm pretty sure I have done this before, but can't seem to do it now. I use domain pointing manager to point the domains, as above. And then ask SD to publish to each domain. My hope is that SD will put the files in the folders as specified in the pointing manager. But it doesn't. It just puts all the new files in the root folder /public_html/.

I've searched the web for solutions to this problem, and the closest I've come to it is in this thread, http://forums.powweb.com/showthread.php?t=79663 , where spudz72 tantalizingly says that he has found a solution and will post it "shortly". That was May 2008, and of course, he never got around to actually posting it.

Does anyone know how to do this?

I think you might have to purchase the full SiteDeluxe package to make more than one. The version that comes free with your account here is only the basic version. Click the "All My Sites" icon at the bottom of the Powweb/Sitebuilder page and see what happens. Alternatively use a free program like Kompozer.
    Croc Hunter MSC :

I dont recommend SiteDelux. Its horribly outdated and pretty flaky.

I suggest giving http://www.weebly.com/ a look and see if it would suite you better.
    It at least makes a prettier site .

Registered
    Ok, I went back and reread the earlier thread on this, and found the answer...

SiteDelux *will* let you publish new sites to subfolders, but *only* if it sees that the root directory already has an index.html which was created by SD (and this is key!)

I did have an index.html but I had created it in kompozer and ftp-ed it in. SD did not recognize this (?) and kept writing over it. So I went ahead and created an index.html with SD in my root, and now I can publish new sites to subfolders.

If you do this, wait until you get to the "publish" page, when SD says something to the effect that your root is already taken and that you will need to specify a subfolder.

Thanks anyway, crochunter and dbrazzel, for your tips. I already use kompozer, but weebly is a new one to me. Will give it a look!