Thread: Does PowWeb meet the requirements for this CMS?

Does PowWeb meet the requirements for this CMS?

Has anyone tried Fusion Ticket or its previous version on PowWeb? Please look at the requirements. I have asked PowWeb support repeatedly if they meet ALL of the requirements, but they won't answer me. I mentioned an alternative, Open Freeway, but I am more interested in Fusion Ticket to sell tickets online and let customers print them. The tickets will be scanned at the door prior to entering the attraction. This is for a haunted house, so we need to get this issue resolved in time to test scan printed tickets and export the online database to import into the database on the laptop at the door of the event.

I appreciate any help or advice. Thanks!
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design
    Customized Internet Advertising Solutions

It looks like it should work.

We have php 5.2.2 and they say they need 5 or greater
    We have MySQL 5.0.51 which is what they used for testing.
    Mysqi is enabled in our php5
    XML is enabled in our php5
    Curl is enabled in our php5
    Iconv is enabled in our php5

So it would seem that we have all the ingredients needed for this thing to run. At this point I would say give it a shot and hopefully there wont be any small details that weren't covered that prevent you from running it.

You listed the things I already knew. I was concerned with MySQLi and the third party modules that I could add myself (if allowed). My friend wants to sell tickets for a haunted barn attraction and this was the best prebuilt affordable solution I could find.

Thanks for your reply. I will try to post if I use this or another solution.
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design

I had trouble creating the database in the new MySQL manager, but it is now created. I was able to install the software but I haven't fully tested it. So far, so good. I will post updates in case anyone else is interested in this CMS.
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design

It was working. Then I reset the permissions for security and removed the installation folder as mentioned in the installation instructions. Now there are errors. I will have to try it again.
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design

I haven't had trouble with MySQLi here in the past, just install as MySQL.
    Croc Hunter MSC :

Sorry, I forgot to post in this thread when I solved the problem. The script worked fine, then I tried to set the permissions after installation to read-only and it broke the script. The File Manager in OPS has issues that were replicated by the support team. The script is working again.

I had to reinstall it in another folder to replicate the problem and show support how the first folder had the config set to 444 or 644 and that was not working. The second folder had it set to 777 and then 755. Duh, you can set the config folder to 755 and the files in it to 644. The file manager let you set folders to incorrect permissions and break the script!

We also discovered that when PowWeb moved the first website to another server, they changed the permissions on the html and jpg files to 755. I had to change them all to 644. I don't see that when using my third party software to upload edits to files that have been there for years. So, this mistake helped us to discover other problems that needed correcting.

So far, Fusion Ticket has been working, but we haven't fully tested it yet.
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design

Glad you got it sorted. It's not just the FileManager borking chmod. I've noticed the same 444 and 777 problems uploading with FileZilla.
    Croc Hunter MSC :

Yeah, me too. The cranky support person said that the third party software was the cause for the problem setting permissions to 444 or 644. But another more helpful support person replicated the problem in the File Manager. He sounded sincerely upset by it and wanted it resolved asap.

I am slowly trying to configure and customize Fusion Ticket in the admin. When it is done, maybe I will post the link here. At this time, tickets can be "reserved" until they are paid. It is like having items in a shopping cart at a physical store. They are unavailable to other shoppers but they aren't yours until you pay for them.

I haven't processed a payment through PayPal yet. I need to set up for the PayPal developer sandbox for testing or my bank would go crazy with the alternative method of purchasing hundreds of tickets for a penny each. I tried manually marking tickets paid by the admin to see if I could print a ticket, but I couldn't. I could see a generated pdf invoice. I haven't actually designed a ticket, either. I am using the default.

I may not post back here very soon. But I will try to update this thread. I hate to keep people....
    Last edited by Croc Hunter; 7-1-09 at 12:09 PM. Reason: removed personal info
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design

Quote Originally Posted by Dbrazzell View Post
    We have php 5.2.2 and they say they need 5 or greater
    We have MySQL 5.0.51 which is what they used for testing.
    Mysqi is enabled in our php5
    XML is enabled in our php5
    Curl is enabled in our php5
    Iconv is enabled in our php5
    I must have been living under a rock for a while, when did all of this upgrading happen? Finally means I can look at some Joomla! add-ons which were only supported by php5 or greater

Cheers,
    Rob
    I thought your dad was called Coco and he got hit by the milk truck! - Chris Griffin

I must have been living under a rock for a while, when did all of this upgrading happen?
    Gradually and without notice, these upgrades occur. If you log into OPS, some of this information appears. I usually call phpinfo() to see what is on the server before installing a CMS.
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design

D'oh! Just found out that I'm still on PHP4.... Oh well, gives me more time to actually try and learn what I'm trying to implement on the site!
    I thought your dad was called Coco and he got hit by the milk truck! - Chris Griffin

Some of my clients may still be using php4 for their default since their websites were created a few years ago in the legacy days. Some don't use enough php to notice, just simple mail processing scripts. Some were upgraded without problems while others had minor issues with pagination or other things. It is nice to have the choice or the ability to use both!
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design