Thread: mp3 transcribing to PDF

mp3 transcribing to PDF

Is there a thread started that talks about free mp3 transcription service to PDF?
    The obvioius is google search or paying someone.
    Wanted to know if there was software to automatically do this?
    Allen
    ars

I've never seen such a thread.

There maybe software, but MP3's can also be music only, songs or simple speech so it would have to decide which it is working with.

As you said, try a google search!
    This is a Powweb customer
    helping Powweb customer forum.

I am a customer just like you!!

Some matters can only be answered by staff or support.
    Give it a go - ask here first!

Transcribe Your Audio/Video Recordings Into Text Easier And Faster. This software is affordable and has a free trial. You can convert any text to PDF after audio is converted to text.

Express Scribe is free professional audio player software for PC, Mac or Linux designed to assist the transcription of audio recordings.

I personally haven't tried these (yet), so let us know what methods you try and what you think of them.
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design
    Customized Internet Advertising Solutions

I've tried them. The only way to get an accurate result is by listening and typing. You can outsource to some guy in India for 40 cents/min but %99 of the time it will be full of mistakes. I know several good transcriptionists who charge about $1/min. They type more than 100 words/min and deliver in a variety of formats including PDF.
    Croc Hunter MSC :

Croc, is it worth it for Allen to use freeware to transcribe, then fix any mistakes? Or do you think he should transcribe audibly and manually himself or pay someone else to do it? I wouldn't want to outsource English transcription to a country where English isn't the primary language. The mistakes would cost more time than doing it yourself!

I have transcribed in the past and sometimes there may be a few words that are unclear. The person who made the speech is most likely able to decipher the unclear words. Never ask my son to do it. He really doesn't listen well!
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design

Beta tester
    This is a minimum wage job for a student. Any automated solution will ultimately be disappointing and a waste of time.

Did you ever read the captions for television shows? Sometimes they are missing parts or totally wrong. My mom always uses the captions, so I know that even manually transcribed text can be inaccurate. I wouldn't rely on automated means and I would definitely proofread anything manually transcribed.

My husband was singing in the car and I wouldn't hire him to transcribe. He sings "There's a Bathroom on the Right" for Bad Moon Rising by CCR. And he sings "Do I dig that girl?" instead of "Spill the wine, take that pearl" for Spill the Wine by Eric Burdon and War. I discovered that he is not the only one who misinterpreted the lyrics but it still makes me crazy!

As I said before, getting a transcript of a speech from the person who wrote it or recited it would be ideal but not always possible. Transcribe while the speech is still fresh in memory for best results.
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design

you should check out kissthisguy.com for even more lyrics that your husband probably gets wrong.
    "You don't really understand human nature
    unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around
    -- and why his parents will always wave back."

-William D. Tammeus

Yeah, I actually looked at a few since my mom always messes up lyrics, too. She merges songs like Owner of a Lonely Heart from Yes with Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band from the Beatles. She sings Owner of a Lonely Hearts Club Band!

I think programmers would be better at transcription since we have to be accurate or the programs won't work! When I was in college, a student typed writeIn with an "I" instead of writeln with an "L" in front of the "N". His JavaScript just wouldn't work! He was a web designer and not a programmer.
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design

Yes to the pay someone else question Yvette. I believe Allen has quite a few audio's.

With freeware and even expensive software I found it takes more time to go through and correct mistakes as KitBear also found. It's faster to do it by ear/hand and I'm no speed typer. I mostly only type with my left hand, gotta hold my beer with the right. For anything more than 10 minutes long I much rather have my transcriptionist handle it. They use a pedal (like a sewing machine foot pedal) to pause play and rewind the audio leaving both hands free to type.
    Croc Hunter MSC :

Yeah, I know the transcriptionists use a foot pedal and can type faster than most people since that is what they do. I ask my son hit pause or play when I am reviewing video and/or audio, so I can use the keyboard.

I mostly only type with my left hand, gotta hold my beer with the right.
    My son types with either hand but not both at the same time. One hand usually has water or snacks!
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design