Thread: We encountered an error while trying to access your Sitemap. google webmaster tools

Webmaster, DJ, Producer

We encountered an error while trying to access your Sitemap. google webmaster tools

Every now and again google webmaster tools reports this on one of both sitemaps of my website. Resubmitting seems to get rid of the message and give me the green tick and check each day im online and eventually one day it will be a red tick with the follwing message:

We encountered an error while trying to access your Sitemap. Please ensure your Sitemap follows our guidelines and can be accessed at the location you provided and then resubmit.

Nothing in as to what caused the error.

Is powwebs new caching thing of non html and php files causing this? or is something else up. My XML sitemaps validate on any validator ive been using.

I experienced this problem before the caching was implemented, but the caching isn't helping. Sometimes Google tries to visit when there is a brief server or networking problem. Or their own servers are busy when you submitted your request to update or submit your xml file.
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design
    Customized Internet Advertising Solutions

Webmaster, DJ, Producer
    Its getting beyond the joke now, I only seen it once in all the time i started using google webmasters, but the past month or so its been happenin too often.

Webmaster, DJ, Producer
    defo beyond the joke now, its done it again after me resubmitting a VALID sitemap.

Webmaster, DJ, Producer
    wot i really find annoying is, once google webmaster tools has this problem, it wont try to re-download it till you re-submit.

So, your always having to log in even if you havent updated your sitemap.