Thread: Too good to be true..?

Too good to be true..?

Hi all
    The usual problem of no stats or missing stats has been turned on it's head this time.
    If I believe the stats I'm getting now I'd probably believe a 419 spam as well.
    All year I've been working hard to get about 700 unique visitors a month, when suddely I get this in the first week.
    268 visitors yesterday, no...there is no presence of something like stumble uponto explain this.
    I notice my own full url is in the list of keyphrases six time instead of once saying how many times.
    My own website, and even a page of my website is one of the referring sites, I don't remember seeing this before.
    I hope I'm wrong.....but I don't think this dramatic upturn is for real....or am I just being an awful skeptic?
    Never trust statistics unless you fiddled the figures yourself!

www.seawitchartist.com

A Bing bot probably found and crawled your site.
    Croc Hunter MSC :

Hi Croc
    I had wondered, after all I remember on a forum we would sometimes see the visitors on line being reported as over a thousand when the norm would be about a dozen,,,the spider was crawling the site!
    However four days on I'm still getting over 200 visitors a day something else must be the cause.
    A switch to facebook with it's direct linking to your site rather than the broken ones on myspace.com will be helping, as will my finally getting myself a business card but thats just getting organised locally,it won't explain a jump on 100-150 visitors a day, many in the small hours (here) and it seems to be showing on the search engine too....I'm enjoying it but I would like to know why it's happened!
    Last edited by Seawitchartist; 10-10-09 at 09:44 AM.
    Never trust statistics unless you fiddled the figures yourself!

www.seawitchartist.com

Stop looking a gift horse in the mouth and enjoy it while it lasts and any business it brings in.
    "You don't really understand human nature
    unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around
    -- and why his parents will always wave back."

-William D. Tammeus