Thread: ZenCart session expiration issues?

ZenCart session expiration issues?

I just moved a site over to Powweb that is using ZenCart 1.3.8. We are using Authorize.net's SIM method as the payment gateway.

When I test an order, once I hit submit on the authorize.net form, I get a session expired notification. I am then told to log back in and try again. This is an endless circle as the session keeps expiring. This also only happens when I am completing an order - I am able to login, logout, maintain my shopping cart contents, etc.

Any ideas why this is happening?

This payment method may not work with Zencart at Powweb there also some issues with Paypal and Zencart at Powweb.
    Croc Hunter MSC :

Its possible that powmonkey is talking about php_sessions.

Its recommended that you edit your php.ini in via the control panel and set the php_session_dir to a folder in your home directory instead of /tmp

I just moved a site over to Powweb that is using ZenCart 1.3.8.
    When you moved your site, did you make a fresh installation of Zen Cart, then import your custom template files and database? Zen Cart stores sessions in the database by default but it appears to work better storing them in a folder in your root directory (htdocs on PowWeb).

Make sure your session directory is set in your php.ini file in your control panel. You can copy the original php.ini file, then customize it and upload it to htdocs or a subdirectory if your cart is in a subdirectory. It is recommended to keep a copy of a customized php.ini file in case you decide to move your website or install something else on your account.
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design
    Customized Internet Advertising Solutions

I thot so to Dbrazzell but he said he's able to login, logout, maintain the shopping cart contents, etc it only happens when completing an order. It could still be the problkem thought yeah? Sessions or images in a database.. yukka. You guys know ur stuff but here's a quick way to set a valid session path:

OPS> Main> CGI and Scripted Language Support> PHP Scripting - You will see on the php.ini page something like this:

/home/users/web/b1234/pow.username/htdocs

Copy that line from your php.ini page set php5 if you wish and scroll about 2/3 of the way down the php.ini code until you find "session.save_path = " replace "/var/phpsessions" (or session.save_path = "/tmp") with your true path adding phpsessions to the end like this:

session.save_path = "/home/users/web/b1234/pow.username/phpsessions"

Click Save and FTP in to create the actual phpsessions folder outside of htdocs.
    Test it. When you're happy save a backup copy of your php.ini file.
    Croc Hunter MSC :