Thread: Domain Privacy double-charged

Unhappy Domain Privacy double-charged

Hello, I hope there's anyone reading this who is able to help me, because I feel this might be the last chance for me!

I've been with Powweb for years now with several domains hosted. I tried domain privacy for one of my domains which expired 12-20-2009, so I thought I'll be a nice guy and renew both that domain registration AND domain privacy way earlier, 12-04-2009. Powweb said it was successful (however, later I've disabled domain privacy, so it will not be billed next year, because I don't really want it). Then on 12-20-2009 Powweb tried to lift 9usd on 12-20-2009 for the domain privacy which I've alread paid for on 12-04. I did not allow the transaction. I've contacted support again, they noticed the Domain Privacy renewal was on December 20, 2009.

I was happy sofar with Powweb, but now I don't know what to think anymore. I'm totally unhappy.

Ferenc
    Last edited by Croc Hunter; 12-21-09 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Billing issues cannot be solved on this forum, please continue your issue with support.

Hi Ferenc, billing issues are not supported on this forum, no one here can help you. Please continue your correspondence with the billing support people through your OPS console to resolve your issue.
    Croc Hunter MSC :

Hi, I've read in one of the stickies that billing issues cannot be discussed here, but it is now very obvious, that billing support people are simply not willing to help (What they say one day, they forgot about the next day). So it seems that here I am stucked with this problem now. Maybe I should open a new ticket every hour?

Try sending email to the billing department and include the support ticket number in the subject line of your email. Be very clear and concise with your explanation as to what happened and what you want them to do for you. If you paid for something you didn't want and want a refund, you must explain that.

Your explanation is confusing. Did you pay for domain privacy for this year twice and should only be billed once? And you should get a refund for the second payment? Or did they charge you for the following year, thinking you were already ordering for the following year since they already received your payment for this year?

I tried domain privacy for one of my domains which expired 12-20-2009, so I thought I'll be a nice guy and renew both that domain registration AND domain privacy way earlier, 12-04-2009.
    You did NOT pay WAY earlier. You paid a few days before it was due. I have already been charged a few months before it was due when trying to update payment information.

Powweb said it was successful (however, later I've disabled domain privacy, so it will not be billed next year, because I don't really want it).
    So, you changed your mind within the 30 days and thought you could cancel that payment? I don't think they give refunds for domain privacy like they do for new hosting accounts unless they make a mistake. But I am unsure since I have not paid for domain privacy.

Then on 12-20-2009 Powweb tried to lift 9usd on 12-20-2009 for the domain privacy which I've alread paid for on 12-04. I did not allow the transaction. I've contacted support again, they noticed the Domain Privacy renewal was on December 20, 2009.
    Were you charged twice for domain privacy? If so, are you trying to get a refund for both or just the second billing? Be very clear and provide just the facts. Do not complain to the person who is trying to help you. Simply explain that your problem still exists and you are still seeking resolution.

Did you try to stop payment before being rebilled and was unable to do that? I believe that since it has happened to me. I was able to call support to resolve this, but I am in the United States. There is a toll free number for other countries and you can use Skype to call PowWeb. Or you can email billing since the control panel support doesn't always resolve things.
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design
    Customized Internet Advertising Solutions

Thread being closed as there is nothing that other customers can do for this situation.
    "You don't really understand human nature
    unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around
    -- and why his parents will always wave back."

-William D. Tammeus

Please send a private message with your account username and or ticket id number and I can take a look.