Thread: Installing CMS Made Simple, need assistance

Registered

Installing CMS Made Simple, need assistance

Hello everybody,

I am trying to install CMS Made Simple, and whenever I install it to the htdocs directory, or even a sub directory, i continue to get an error on the install page along the lines of...

-----------------------------------
    Warning: Unknown: open(/home/users/web/bNNNN/pow.username/htdocs/cgi-bin/tmp/sess_866e9e1bb6cfbdfdc7a0dbf5da61fd7d, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/home/users/web/bNNNN/pow.username/htdocs/cgi-bin/tmp) in Unknown on line 0
    ------------------------------------

The only way to bypass this was if I copied the tmp folder into the cgi-bin folder...

After I do that to bypass the problem, when the Checksum test comes up, every single one fails, however I can still continue throughout the installation. Once I finish the installation, It allows me to access the login page however I cannot login.

Now that you know the problems, what am I doing wrong, if anything? Am I installing it incorrectly? They advise to use Shell or cPanel, however I must use FTP.

If this doesn't work out I'll just go back to Joomla! or Drupal, I just would like to try this CMS out.

-Kramer
    Last edited by Doc C; 12-25-09 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Edited to remove sensitive data

Goto OPS> Main> CGI and Scripted Language Support> PHP Scripting - You will see on the php.ini page something like this:

/home/users/web/b1234/pow.username/htdocs

Copy that line from your php.ini page set php5 if you wish and scroll about 2/3 of the way down the php.ini code until you find "session.save_path = " replace "/var/phpsessions" (or session.save_path = "/tmp") with your true path adding phpsessions to the end like this:

session.save_path = "/home/users/web/b1234/pow.username/phpsessions"

Click Save and create a phpsessions folder outside of htdocs. Then run your installer.
    Croc Hunter MSC :

Registered
    Thank you. I was able to complete the installation without error however I still cannot log in. I am just going to head back to Joomla! for a CMS.