Thread: hi everyone!!

Registered

hi everyone!!

right now im a customer of sumwhere else...not gonna lie, with a decent sized vbulletin forum running on it. But im a week away from starting up my newest vbulletin. I havea good feeling its gonna catch real quick... And am very interested in joining here.

Sooo...my question....

does this host handle vbulletin? How well? I know this forum im on right now is a vb, but I would like to know if the basic starter hosting plan is ok to start with?

thanks guys...

p.s. this is a great forum!!

This forum isn't on a 'customer' server so don't use it as a basis for a decision.

Powweb handles vBulletin fine on customer servers.
    This is a Powweb customer
    helping Powweb customer forum.

I am a customer just like you!!

Some matters can only be answered by staff or support.
    Give it a go - ask here first!

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by IanS View Post
    This forum isn't on a 'customer' server so don't use it as a basis for a decision.

Powweb handles vBulletin fine on customer servers.
    ok..so r u saying that the customer server is worse? lol..

This forum is on a dedicated server which is different than a shared server that the customers purchase more affordably. If you can provide details about your forum's usage, we can probably determine if your forum would perform well on shared server.

How many members does your forum have? How many members are logged into your forum at the same time? How many languages and other add-ons are installed on your forum? Does your forum get a lot of visitors?

If you have a popular forum the size of this one, you would need a dedicated server. If you have a small group of members (say 100) and only a few are logged into it at the same time, you should not have problems on a shared server.
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design
    Customized Internet Advertising Solutions

Numbers help us work out if you'll fit here, daily bandwidth, etc.

Once you exceed 1000 members, 15Gb space, 10Gb bandwidth/day, 10 concurrent MySQL connections/user, or 75,000 database queries/hr expect problems here. Stay under that and you'll be fine. vBulletin runs here no problem.
    Croc Hunter MSC :

Registered
    well..i would prolly be starting up my new vb on here...but FYI..heres the stats of my current...

vb version 3.7.4
    How many members does your forum have? 500+
    How many members are logged into your forum at the same time? usually 10-15
    How many languages and other add-ons are installed on your forum? only english, and about 10 mods/hacks. Does your forum get a lot of visitors? sumtimes. usually 20 tops (at a time).

heres what my usage is at now...
    Bandwidth Use: 2925.58 mb out of 1,500,000.00 mb
    Disc Space Use: 45.00mb out of 150,000.00mb

3Gb of bandwidth used this month along with your other stats.. I'd say both your forums would run here no problem.

Moving a database larger than 10Mb here needs to be split with a script, plenty of us on this forum can help you with that. If you want to sign-up here using an affiliate referral link you can click the Powweb image on my posts.
    Croc Hunter MSC :

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Croc Hunter View Post
    3Gb of bandwidth used this month along with your other stats.. I'd say both your forums would run here no problem.

Moving a database larger than 10Mb here needs to be split with a script, plenty of us on this forum can help you with that. If you want to sign-up here using an affiliate referral link you can click the Powweb image on my posts.
    cool man, thank you for all your help. I've totally had it with where im at now. I'll prolly be signing up friday when I get home from werk.

Registered

Thumbs up

For whatever it's worth, Kneel, I have used Powweb exclusively for a decade or more,and they are hands down the best I have ever found, in every possible way. I have referred many friends and customers here over the years, and all have thanked my profusely for turning them onto Powweb.

Quote Originally Posted by kneel View Post
    cool man, thank you for all your help. I've totally had it with where im at now. I'll prolly be signing up friday when I get home from werk.
    If you do sign up, click on the PowWeb Hosted logo in Croc's signature. He'll get credit for bringing you on board.
    "You don't really understand human nature
    unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around
    -- and why his parents will always wave back."

-William D. Tammeus