Thread: cm4all and ad sense

Registered

cm4all and ad sense

Hi everyone! I am new to this whole website thing. I have started a website and so far so good. I love the outdoors and have decided to share some stories and tips and tricks. Anyway I have also decided to put google ad sense on my site. I figure why not! I used cm4all to build my site and now I am having a problem putting ad sense on it. I used [competitor name removed] as my host. Any suggestions would be great. Also any suggestions for the site would also be great. Please talk in english cause all the website lingo is still confusing. Thanks
    Last edited by snowmaker; 1-5-10 at 11:56 AM. Reason: competitor name removed

Note this is mainly a Powweb customer to customer forum. While just about anyone is welcome to ask just about anything, some answers or suggestions (such as file path stuff, etc..) may not apply due to platform differences.
    -bruce /* somdcomputerguy */
    'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'

Registered
    I do understand that and since I have had no help over at my host, I may need to be a customer....thanks

Welcome to the Powweb Forum! I'm sure you'll get at least a few replies, most will probably help you out too. I'd offer myself, but I'm not familar with CM4All or Google AdSense.
    -bruce /* somdcomputerguy */
    'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'

I am familiar with AdSense, but I am not familiar with CM4ALL and that is really what will drive getting the code on your site.

Unless something has changed since this post, seems like integrating adsense is not possible while maintaining its benefits

Is there some way in the CM4ALL application to not edit, but maybe add HTML code?

Depending on the complexity of the site and where you want the code inserted, it might not be that hard to update that block every time you update teh site (seems like a pain)

The other option is to move away from CM4All and use another CMS that can better handle it.

Registered
    thanks guys. I will try what tpoynton says but I may have to use a different builder. What a pain. Someone had suggested Sitedelux, i can use this from my host. I really hate to build my site all over though.

Sitedelux might give you the same type of headaches. Take a look at some more dynamic tools like WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal. Others here may be able to suggest others that would give you room to grow too.

Most hosts offer you a set of tools that are plug and play, but also give you the ability to instal your own. Most of the regulars on here will tell you from experience it is better to instal your own. You get more control and can update faster than most hosts update.

How about this

There is a new nice tool in POWWEB Drag n Drop Builder, using it you can add HTML codes aka ad-sense and it doesn't require technical expertise to build. I loved it