Thread: Trouble installing mosiFrame on Joomla!

Trouble installing mosiFrame on Joomla!

I've just downloaded and tried to install the mosiFrame plugin on my Joomla! 1.5.15 installation, but I get the following error:

It was not possible to copy the selected file.
    JInstaller::install: Failed to copy file: /home/users/web/b906/pow.xxxxx/htdocs/tmp/install_4ba68e791ae08/plg_iframe.php to /hermes/web07/b906/pow.xxxxx/htdocs/plugins/content/plg_iframe.php

I've installed a few plugins previously without any issues. Anyone suggestions as to why this may be happening?

EDIT: Also having a similar problem with another module called jTweet, with the error...

JFolder::create: Could not create directory
    Module Install: Failed to create directory.: "/hermes/web07/b906/pow.xxxxx/htdocs/modules/mod_jTweet"

The only thing I've done since I last successfully installed any modules/plugins is update Joomla using the PowWeb control panel.

A short time ago, I also discovered that short SEF URLs had simply stopped working, despite me having changed no settings at all. I discovered I had to activate an alternative .htaccess file to re-enable them. (See this thread.)

So I'm guessing these issues have been caused by some changes at PowWeb's end?
    Last edited by Paranoimia; 3-21-10 at 07:24 PM.

Have you tried manually creating the folders that the error message says it can't?
    This is a Powweb customer
    helping Powweb customer forum.

I am a customer just like you!!

Some matters can only be answered by staff or support.
    Give it a go - ask here first!

Quote Originally Posted by IanS View Post
    Have you tried manually creating the folders that the error message says it can't?
    I considered it, but not being sure exactly how Joomla handles installs, I didn't want to chance it in case it affected any databases with info not being inserted. I didn't want to risk botching an install and possibly causing adverse effects elsewhere.

If it's just a case of directories being created, files copied, and Joomla detecting them automatically, then I'm okay with that.

Further to this, I cannot create any files or folders in these directories manually, despite permission settings being 755. I've tried changing to 777 but that is also denied.

Seems something's up with the account settings.

777 isn't allowed here and isn't needed.

in the past when people had FTP problems the FileManager in OPS was sucessfful.
    Croc Hunter MSC :

Okay, I created the directory for jTweet using the FileManager, and it then installed okay. But it didn't work properly; the module appeared, but appeared to pull in no data from the Twitter feed. No errors were given, it just didn't work. I'm not sure if this is down to the fact that it needs to create files/folders and can't, but it didn't work and has now been uninstalled.

I also used FileManager to create to create the empty file plg_iframe.php for the mosiFrame plugin and then tried to install it, hoping that the blank file would be over-written - but then Joomla simply tells me that the plugin is already installed.

So far I'm less than impressed with the PowWeb setup. First a basic Joomla site which was working, stopped working for no apparent reason - certainly, there were no changes made by me.

Now I can't install things without needing to manually create files and directories - something which defeats the whole point of using a CMS. And to top it all off, I can't create those files and directories with a standard FTP program.

I originally had no problems installing things, and had a basic site up and running - I just needed to find the time to work on it. When I get the time, I come back, and everything seems to be broken. So something has changed at PowWeb's end, but I've no idea what. I think I may wipe everything and start again.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoimia View Post
    Further to this, I cannot create any files or folders in these directories manually, despite permission settings being 755. ....

Seems something's up with the account settings.
    It has been known for account settings to get corrupted and this type of problem to occur. Have you tried contacting support?

Might be worth updating to the latest Cyberduck to see if it makes any difference, just a thought. Thre are so many Joomla plugins some are bound to not work on shared hosting. Your problem does sound like permissions. Do a recursive 755 on all directories or nuke it all and install Joomla manually, I don't trust IC.
    Croc Hunter MSC :

After a brief (text) chat with support, basically to make sure I wasn't going to delete anything I shouldn't, I wiped the site and started again. Fortunately, I hadn't put too much effort into it, so I didn't lose a great deal.

So far, fingers crossed, everything seems to be behaving itself. Once I've got a bit more done, I'll be sure to make a backup... just in case.