Thread: Help with Wordpress

Registered

Help with Wordpress

I have been searching the forum pretty much all day for an answer, because I didn't want to be redundant. I'm a bit confuzzled.

I was recently introduced to Wordpress and have started using it problem free on the website I maintain for my church. I used InstallCentral rather than the manual install.

I wanted to use Wordpress with my personal site and I'm running into problems. It's not working at all. I *thought* the issue was due to the fact that my domain was hosted with [alternate host]. I have a powweb account, had it for about a year, still do, but there's nothing website wise yet... hence me wanting to use Wordpress.

Wanting to keep all my eggs in one basket, I initiated a domain transfer from [alternate host] to powweb today. So I am thinking getting the wordpress installed will have to wait until the transfer is complete.... am I correct in thinking so?

If so, then I guess there really isn't anything I can do right now until the transfer is complete so I will have to wait, try the Wordpress installation again and post if I have any issues.

Once that happens, is Install Central recommended or is the manual install better to use?

Thanks
    Last edited by Croc Hunter; 6-6-10 at 03:24 AM. Reason: mentioning alternate hosting providers is not permissable on this forum

Manual install is better. Create a folder inside htdocs eg: /htdocs/second/. Point the domain name to that second folder using OPS Domain Manager. Then install Wordpress in that folder using your second domain name.
    Croc Hunter MSC :

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Croc Hunter View Post
    Manual install is better. Create a folder inside htdocs eg: /htdocs/second/. Point the domain name to that second folder using OPS Domain Manager. Then install Wordpress in that folder using your second domain name.
    Thank you very much. I got it working how I wanted with your advice. I've been searching the forums and have read a lot of your posts and you are very helpful. Thanks!