Thread: Maximum space/bandwidth limit

Registered

Maximum space/bandwidth limit

Hello,

I would like to ask a question, how much maximum amount of disk space and bandwidth we can use on your shared hosting plan ?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

There are no set limits on the disk space or data transfer (bandwidth), hence "unlimited." In the interests of all customers Powweb endevours to maintain optimum service and requires all customers to be fully compliant with the Terms of Service and utilize disk space and bandwidth related to the normal operation of a personal or small business website.

While it is rare, they have put constraints on accounts in the past that were adversely affecting other customers or otherwise utilizing or abusing resources beyond what would be expected of a personal or small business website.

In general keeping below 15 Gb disk space (inclusive of email storage) and 300 Gb data transfer/month will ensure you don't run into problems.
    Croc Hunter MSC :

Quote Originally Posted by Asmar View Post
    Hello,

I would like to ask a question, how much maximum amount of disk space and bandwidth we can use on your shared hosting plan ?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.
    And actually that limit is going lower all the time.

One of the things they do is go after the "top 5%" of users of disk space, and get them to lower the amount (like they did to me once).... Then about 10 months later, after I added nothing new to my site, they were after me again.

Why? Because they got rid of the very top 5%, so there was a new top 5% of users to get rid of.... and I don't think they understand there will always be a top 5% - and as they keep attacking them, the limits keep growing smaller and smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by coan.net View Post
    And actually that limit is going lower all the time.

One of the things they do is go after the "top 5%" of users of disk space, and get them to lower the amount (like they did to me once).... Then about 10 months later, after I added nothing new to my site, they were after me again.

Why? Because they got rid of the very top 5%, so there was a new top 5% of users to get rid of.... and I don't think they understand there will always be a top 5% - and as they keep attacking them, the limits keep growing smaller and smaller.
    The previous British Government had the same problem about achievement at school. They complain when a school achieving 100% pass rate isn't improving fast enough, and complement those that improve from 15% to 25% pass rate for their massive improvement!
    This is a Powweb customer
    helping Powweb customer forum.

I am a customer just like you!!

Some matters can only be answered by staff or support.
    Give it a go - ask here first!