Thread: OPS .htaccess editor brutally slow ???

Thumbs down OPS .htaccess editor brutally slow ???

Does anyone know why the .htaccess editor in OPS is so very slow? When using the password protection, every click requires 1-4 MINUTES to process.

This is NOT my computer or my connection causing this issue. It has been the case for a very long time and from different computers in different parts of the country.

Any thoughts?

Is my experience typical? Is there something I have set up incorrectly that may be causing this?

Seems to be slow tonight.. normally reasonable.

My issue is the "Ads on non-custom 404 error pages" seems to be unreliable - which is highly irritating.

EVERY time I have used it for years (almost always for the password protection feature), it is super-slow. Nothing new today or this week.

I also checked the box to remove ads. Seemed to get rid of the ads for me.

Well it's still slow, so maybe I'm in the same boat now.

Registered
    I used it the other day to remove the 404 ads, it was very slow then. After changing the setting my site was password protected, I was able to fix that. Then 1 of 2 domain pointers stopped working and I have not been able to get it to work again. I have a support ticket in with no activity in 36 hours.

OPS has long been slow for me in general. I also noticed it broke a domain pointer. tstolze, make sure you select subdirectory and type /htdocs/subfolder/ then click update. If it's for your main directory, point it to a sub then back to Home directory with /htdocs/
    Croc Hunter MSC :

For one of my account is loads okay(not fast). I thing its load time is dependent on number of files and .htaccess files present in account. Some one may try knocking support channels