Thread: How many domains/subdomains?

Registered

How many domains/subdomains?

I have two domains for two websites and may be adding a third for my wife's site.
    How many domains can be hosted under one account?
    How many subdomains can be hosted under one account?
    Is my wife allowed to use my account so she can administer her own site and associated tasks?

I've been reading in other forum(s) where the use of the term "unlimited" is highly frowned upon. How will I know when I'm actually starting to reach my usage quota?

1. I don't know if there's an official limit, but three domains is no problem..
    2. Again, I don't know if there's an official limit, but tens or even maybe a hundred or so subdomains is possible.
    3. You can allow anybody you want to have OPS access to your account, but probably to your question, separate 'sites' are easily possible, with separate FTP logins and 'website management'.
    4. As for the definition here of 'unlimited', I can't say.. I have 4 or five sites, some subdomains, some different domains, but they are not high traffic or MySQL based sites, so I have had no issues with even approaching a usage quota.
    -bruce /* somdcomputerguy */
    'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'

Registered
    Thanks for feedback snowmaker.
    I was introduced to PowWeb by a fellow musician who has his artist website hosted with PowWeb.
    I need to find out exactly what I can do with my potential account.
    I'm brand new so any tips are appreciated.
    Jim

You can call me Bruce, that's my name you know..
    If you want to take the time, check out a site I sorta still am doing for a friend of mine, a singer/songwriter lady. The site is still active but not used much, but it does have a few 'features' for musician types and bands. The URL is http://somdcomputerguy.com/patty/, I think the subdomain/subdomain pointer still works, that's http://patty.somdcomputerguy.com. At the time I started all that, I offered to 'give' her a different domain name instead of a sub of my domain, but she didn't feel it necessary. Anyway, check out the site if you want, it'll give you an idea of what can be done here, I'm sure more can be done, I'll offer some assistance if need be, and I can.. Oh, Welcome to Powweb and the Forum!
    -bruce /* somdcomputerguy */
    'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'

Registered
    Hey, thanks Bruce.
    I think a subdomain would work fine for my wife's pages.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by snowmaker View Post
    3. You can allow anybody you want to have OPS access to your account, but probably to your question, separate 'sites' are easily possible, with separate FTP logins and 'website management'.
    No technically, it is against the AUP to disclose your OPS password to anyone including Powweb staff. Staff should only ever request your secret question/answer to identify you as the account owner.
    Croc Hunter MSC :