Thread: Joomla installation issues/question

Registered

Joomla installation issues/question

I just signed up for hosting here and am familiar with Joomla, which I know is something that i can use for updating my website. I'm very, very new to having a paid website host, so you'll have to forgive me if this is a rather simple question.

I went to install Joomla, I filled out the site name and that part...and then it asks basically where you want it to be installed. I tried a few things and it ended up just...not working, so I'm not sure what it is I'm supposed to put there. The latest one I tried is just "index," and so far it's still trying to install. I'm hoping that if it's taking a long time that it's installing correctly. >.>

So, am I doing this right, or am I going to need to uninstall it and put in something else instead? What should I be putting in? Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure exactly what to put in there, actually, I'm not sure what or where 'there' is, but you can get your Document Root path in OPS, here, Server Information. If Joomla creates it's own subdirectory to be installed in, that's probably all you need. But I can't say for sure as I'm not familiar with that CMS.
    Last edited by snowmaker; 8-26-10 at 12:12 AM.
    -bruce /* somdcomputerguy */
    'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by snowmaker View Post
    I'm not exactly what to put in there, actually, I'm not sure what or where 'there' is, but you can get your Document Root path in OPS, here, Server Information. If Joomla creates it's own subdirectory to be installed in, that's probably all you need. But I can't say for sure as I'm not familiar with that CMS.
    Sorry, I know I was really vague. D: I couldn't remember what it had said exactly because I had already tried reinstalling it again, but now it finally finished installing and it's still not working. But...I found something else (the Weebly editor) that I'm even more familiar with and I like a lot better, so I think I'm not going to use Joomla any more. I'm a bit familiar with Joomla but it can be really hard to handle so I think it's the better decision anyway. Thanks, though.

You want it in /htdocs/ but sounds like you put it in /htdocs/index/ What is your domain name? You should be able to see if it installed by exploring the folders in OPS FileManager.
    Croc Hunter MSC :

Registered
    It's http://jediknightmuse.net, but I decided to just uninstall it and use Weebly to update the site- much easier.