Thread: SMF and trouble after install

Registered

SMF and trouble after install

Hello, I am new to powweb. I am in the process of creating a new forum on this website langsite.powweb.com before I export and import my original forum. I have the same version of SMF and installed it here manually but anytime I try to do anything the screen goes blank and then I hit enter again and I run into this error:

Your session timed out while posting. Please go back and try again.

So I dropped the database and del the directory and tried it through the Install Central and it installs fine but anytime I post, or change a setting I hit the enter key and it is a blank screen, I hit enter again and I get the same error.

Your session timed out while posting. Please go back and try again.

So same problem either way.

I created the DB before the install.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong because it works on my other website, different host. But that place is different from this one.

This is probably a sessions issue, and this should resolve it..
    Create a directory named something at the Root level (same level as htdocs, not a subdirectory of htdocs), edit your php.ini file in OPS, PHP Scripting, change this variable, session.save_path so it equals the full path to this new directory. The path will look like the document root path listed near the top of the php.ini edit page, with the newly created directory name replacing the end of that line, htdocs.
    -bruce /* somdcomputerguy */
    'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'